New Doco....

Public Forum
illusions

New Doco....

Post by illusions »

Hey guys well i start filming my new documentry next week its all about the local festivals and agricultural shows in N.S.W and the ACT. if any fanatics would love to catch up or have any stories you would like me to research please feel free to let me know!!!
illusions
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

This sounds very interesting illusions.Can you tell us more about what exactly it will entail,and how much info you will be providing on the rides that attend the festivals and shows you will be covering?.
luvrides

Post by luvrides »

that sounds kinda interesting. What info are you looking for?
illusions

Post by illusions »

hey guys well the crew and i will be following a particular family for the next couple of months who own Quite a few thrill rides. I believe i will be getting my hands dirty by putting up the rides, and pulling down the rides. also there will be a few one on one interviews with a few SGA members talking about the history of The Showman's guild and where they think its heading too....
illusions
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

this could go in two direction could be great or a wankfest on how good this certain family is.

i will let you guys deciede
princess

Post by princess »

Yeah good point clay, why the one family, geez lol, we would be your harshest critics. :lol:
luvrides

Post by luvrides »

Yep I reckom u should broaden your information source.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Where will we be able to see the doco when it's complete, I think it should be following a whole run with a whole heap of operators
Josh in Rocky

Post by Josh in Rocky »

One family better than none...
Good luck mate..
"Slingshot , Engage"
illusions

Post by illusions »

Thanks guys well its totally not just goin to be on the one family, this family has allowed us to follow them over the next month to film some of the shows that are happening also we will be at a few christmas carnivals in N.S.W and Victoria filming.....

As for where you guys can see it once the doco has fully been finished it will be available hopefully in late january early feb on dvd
illusions
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Sounds great.I'll be ordering one :) .
Force10

Post by Force10 »

yeh me too! sounds great
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yep, include me, thanks for the info illusions
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

lol doco bout O'Neills? hahaha.... just all about Rainbow... lol I wish..
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Well Huss, I think if there was a doco about O'Neill's Rainbow, they'd show the Xmas carnival, CHinese New Year and RES where Rainbow goes all year. But they could just tape the ride sitting in the paddock for the rest of the year, that would be interesting Lol :lol: :? :roll:
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

"And here we are stalking the Legendary Rainbow... Only seen once or twice a year... it truly is an amazing sight to see. It's so graceful and dominating words just can't describe this feeling of bliss to see it moving and in action" :lol:
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Lol, yes catch it when you can, if you can, or just take a visit to Edmondson Park and witness the beast sleeping among the defunct park of Adventureland Lol :lol:
itsfun

Post by itsfun »

Can you tell us which family????

How can we order a copy of the DVD??

hich christmas carnivals will you be visiting?? Some of us visit them too and we might be there at the same time.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Welcome itsfun, nice of you to join Lol, we'll be able to get it early next year. I'm guessing the family is Bells
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Well, considering the Bell family has alot of history dating right back to Roy Bell and his boxing tent it really would make a interesting doco. I can't wait to find out more info on this documentary Illusions.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh, true, I'd like some more info too
benclare

Post by benclare »

The Bell family attract quite a lot of press whilst travelling, especially in small country towns. The ABC have done several stories on them, the latest being No Limit's first visit to the Darwin Show which appeared on the Northern Territory's version of State Line. I maybe wrong but there may have also been an Australian Story done on the Bells.

Can't wait to watch the documentary and will be getting a copy for sure when it comes out next year.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Haha, I think Rainbow only did 2 Shows this year... I heard it didn't do Wollongong...
illusions

Post by illusions »

hey guys will give some details out in the next week i was filming in the ACT this week for there annual flower festival Floriade. and then tomorrow night i will be shooting at the Monster truck tour of destruction 08 which will be good night.

As for the Bell family they have such an amazing story and hopefully i will get to chat with them soon!!!!
illusions
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanks Illusions, looking forward to seeing what info you can give us. Lol, that doesn't suprise me that it didn't do the gong, but when I rung up to see if it was going, they said it was??? Ben, how long ago was the Australian story done. Do you think I could ring the ABC and get a copy? Thanks