Traveling Walkthrough Haunted Houses

tooheyzz

Traveling Walkthrough Haunted Houses

Post by tooheyzz »

Does Australia still Have Traveling Walkthrough Haunted Houses can remember back in the mid seventies to mid eighties there was one that visited our local shows
Can remember going through it the seventies that had a button at the exit that said "Press to Open Door" When one did you received a mild electric shock :twisted:
Pushing the button was not really required to open the door though :lol:

There was also a sorta pit in the walkway midway through you fell into in the dark at the bottom was a sponge air bag which made it quite difficult to get out of the pit

It scared the Hell out of me guess i was about 6 or 7
princess

Post by princess »

Yes and me too, but for different reasons, as I have talked about before, was not always a good thing for a girl to walk through, but I defintiely remember the haunted house, they also used to have a televison set up on the outside, so you could see the people in there screaming their heads off. In my mind I can actually can see the guy that owned it, who used to sit in the ticket box, blonde hair.
Last edited by princess on Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benclare

Post by benclare »

I've never been in one of these before; sounds interesting though!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Doesnt this walkthrough haunted house do the royal perth show?
Vee

Post by Vee »

The one at the Royal here was built on site by a few guys I know pretty well. They did have plans to either travel it or build another as the owner had ties with Fox Studios.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Ok, thanx for that info Vee
oldie but goodie

Post by oldie but goodie »

hi my first post a second hand ghost house is now under preperation
and expects to start travelling in southern qld in about four or five weeks
oldie but goodie
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Welcome Oldie but goodie. Who will be travelling this and do you have a picture of the unit?
tooheyzz

Post by tooheyzz »

Maybe it the one that i remember it just be in storage for a while
Guess there popularity would go up and down so could be popular since its been off circuit for a while
princess

Post by princess »

Lol great another oldie, :D welcome, we will be very interested in seeing this new ghost house, suppose it saves on having cars, let the people do the work, more than one expense saved, what will be the name of this ghost house, will it be travelling, will it be any good?
princess

Post by princess »

Just had a curious thought, could ghost house actually be a mansion, maybe even haunted? Remember Halloween, there could be some serious competition happening?????? 8)
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

What are you saying here Princess? That the L&L Osbourne Haunted Mansion has been converted or there is another Ghost Train coming out? And all of Halloween's problems have been solved now. It's now in good working order.
princess

Post by princess »

I am not suggesting anything, just thinking about the situation and who has what to loose or gain.

Halloween had more problems than just the cars, I heard that there was hardly any attractions inside as well, didnt you go on it Huss, so there still can be an opening for someone, who has the desire to better what is out there. L & L would not have been happy about loosing their position.
Last edited by princess on Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
katestow77

Post by katestow77 »

i remember going on the temple of doom @ the carnival of flowers 4 yrs ago and i had 2 guys with me on the train and i remember screaming my head off i was so scareded with things droping down in my face and noises ohhhh the sheer teror :shock: any way it didnt stop there about half way threw the spook in there started poking a plastic hookey type thing at me and i was screaming my arse of...got round the corner and it stoped thank god or so i thought and to my surprise the spook was back. i kept screaming and the guys were laughing at me i was so scareded i cried and the spook kept hassleing us with the plastic hook thing and i ended up grabbing it i just managed to rip it out of his hands. when we got out side my face was as white as a ghost with tears running down my face. the spook came out and asked me to give him back the plastic hook thing but im like nooooo i told u guys not to poke us and they just laughed at me it took them like 4 hrs to get it off me....
n e ways i wish the new owner of the ghost house the best of luck with the new venture hope it goes well for you.
princess

Post by princess »

That is very funny Kate, I must admit that the ghost house I was in many years ago, was also scary, i think it was walking along in the dark, stepping on funny things etc.
tooheyzz

Post by tooheyzz »

I can remember my older sis taking me on the ghost train when i was about 5 or 6 that scared the crap outta me back then the same ghost train was still on the circuit a few years back but since then temple of doom as taken its place

Then i went of the ghost train at grundy's aged about 17 with a girlfriend for a laugh we started make erotic noises in there next thing a door open and someone looked in to see what we were up to lol
Did the same thing weeks later on there simulator with the same result lmao
Gee we must of seem such lossers back then lol
princess

Post by princess »

OMG :shock: probably having a perve. lol
tooheyzz

Post by tooheyzz »

LOL @ Princess
You seem to have become scared from past experiences LOL

Now your sure to find a few pervy people hanging around the following

Code: Select all

SEXPO has purchased a mobile Ghost Train which has been converted into a Sex Train amusement ride. The ride is similar to what one could see at Luna Park or any similar amusement park.

oldie but goodie

Post by oldie but goodie »

hi all the person concered does not want any photos taken untill it is ready to work he also said that he does not expect to work the ekka and yess it was in storage in qld it is not on a semi and can be towed by a small truck or a heavy 4x4 such as a landcruiser or such for short trips it has over 12 spooks in it and one live spook selling the tickets the biggest job to be done he recognds is new axles with brakes so it can be registered as well as replacing some rusted out steel frames i will post what shows they expect to work when it is ready
oldie but goodie
princess

Post by princess »

Oh well there goes my theory lol :lol:

OMG tooheyzz that is hilarious, what could be sexy about a Ghost train, :lol: :lol: :lol:, how long does the ride last :lol: :lol: :lol:, sorry everyone, have I lowered the tone again :oops:
tooheyzz

Post by tooheyzz »

It's starting to sound more and more like the old one i remember
Maybe it is maybe not I guess it doesn't matter it will be good for something different to be traveling the circuit
There was also a Rippley's Believe it of Not Freakshow walkthrough that also travelled back then
tooheyzz

Post by tooheyzz »

princess wrote:Oh well there goes my theory lol :lol:

OMG tooheyzz that is hilarious, what could be sexy about a Ghost train, :lol: :lol: :lol:, how long does the ride last :lol: :lol: :lol:, sorry everyone, have I lowered the tone again :oops:
They spent $250,000 modifing this ride it has robots inside that are all "Married" and on there honeymoon
Your not the first to ask apparently its 2 minutes hmmm maybe we should leave it at that

Anyone recognize the carriages and know who's unit this was I gather they look a bit different now

princess

Post by princess »

Ok i have given myself a slap, will get serious again, where is this ghost train.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

tooheyzz you have got me there with that photo. Definitely not USA built.

With the knowledge on this forum, someone is bound to make the right guess. (OzShow?)
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

iv got a feeling it might of been one of show west rides was a kiddie ghost train "warthog" Not exactly sure from that photo though