New From KMG

benclare

Post by benclare »

Aussie Showmen are good at choosing thrill rides that remain popular for years and are easy to transport. I wouldn't be surprised to see this new machine in Oz in the next few years if it does well in Europe; perhaps a Showman over there may sell one to an Australian operator like Space Roller; a very successful transaction for all involved I'd say!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I know of a few secrets
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

Oh spill!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Nope, can't
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

dang. tell me one thing, am i gunna be happy with this 'secret'
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Nope
mmk

Post by mmk »

I was speaking to an operator the other day and they mentioned many of the new/2nd hand thrill rides in Australia are not actually 'owned' by the operator, merely a lease agreement between the operator and the broker where they pay a monthly fee for use of the ride until it has covered the cost.

i had never heard of such a thing as most of WA's showmen own their rides outright.

apparently its popular in the eastern states. does anyone know more about these 'leasing' arrangements?
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

OMG *Chains myself to Space Roller*
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

mmk wrote:I was speaking to an operator the other day and they mentioned many of the new/2nd hand thrill rides in Australia are not actually 'owned' by the operator, merely a lease agreement between the operator and the broker where they pay a monthly fee for use of the ride until it has covered the cost.

i had never heard of such a thing as most of WA's showmen own their rides outright.

apparently its popular in the eastern states. does anyone know more about these 'leasing' arrangements?
lease?
Loan?

Companys do have to take out loans to buy rides, trucks , generators.
mmk

Post by mmk »

Clay wrote: lease?
Loan?

yeah loans through the bank or credit institutions you mean. But im talking about actual 'Ride Brokers' that purchase the ride, then rent it to an operator who maintains it and does the show runs with it. I know of two rides from the eastern states that are over at the moment that are under than arrangement but i dont think its my place to say what rides.

i just thought it was interesting that the actual showmen don't actually 'own' the ride.
Vee

Post by Vee »

Doesn't really surprise me, it would take a while to make back 1.5 million.

Edit: 1.5 million profit
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yes, they are alot of money some of the rides
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

mmk wrote:
Clay wrote: lease?
Loan?

yeah loans through the bank or credit institutions you mean. But im talking about actual 'Ride Brokers' that purchase the ride, then rent it to an operator who maintains it and does the show runs with it. I know of two rides from the eastern states that are over at the moment that are under than arrangement but i dont think its my place to say what rides.

i just thought it was interesting that the actual showmen don't actually 'own' the ride.
yeah could be true
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

*Remains Clinging to Space Roller and attaches himself to SkyWalker* MINE! I don't actually know if these are the rides but they aint going anywhere if they indeed are. I will make sure of it :lol:
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Wasn't that the case with MATTERHORN?
Wittingslow didn't actually own it, they used to run it at the shows, and down at Rye .... I always remember the truck that towed it saying.. MATTERHORN AMUSEMENTS, weird... haha

Rainbow was co-owned for a bit, Garry was running it in Sydney in 2002 for Wittingslow, and then they took care of both Rainbow and Ranger down in Melbourne, no idea what the case for Ekka and Adelaide were.
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

whats the reason rainbow doesnt do more shows?
ozshowkid

Post by ozshowkid »

Way off the grid with this one, all the eastern state opperators do get loans to buy there rides, a ride broker may have simply did the deal for the Aussie opperator. Therefore the broker is entitled a fee which may be paid at a later date. But I have not heard of any rides over here that are leased from Brokers.

Cheers OZshowkid
come one, come all, come in its time for a showtime spin
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

ozshowkid wrote:Way off the grid with this one, all the eastern state opperators do get loans to buy there rides, a ride broker may have simply did the deal for the Aussie opperator. Therefore the broker is entitled a fee which may be paid at a later date. But I have not heard of any rides over here that are leased from Brokers.

Cheers OZshowkid

yeah this is the truth, someones pulling your leg mmk
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

I really have no idea as to why Rainbow doesn't at least to Moomba and the Melbourne Show, O'Neills always do very well with their rides at moomba, and wave swinger and kiddie rides in Melbourne... it's a real shame
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

*Releases my grip from SkyWalker and Space Roller* Phew...
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Lol Hurri, yeh, It is ridiculous Garry doesn't take Ranger and rainbow anywhere else. They are both good rides
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Yeah, I'd love to give them both a whirl... Apparently the gears are really loud on Ranger and I love that sound... The hangover has a pretty loud gear box too... Shockwave... Well it's quite and purdy :P
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh, ranger sounds awesome, hangover is as loud as the OFA Skymaster which is a pile of sh**. Yeh, Shockwave is very quite
princess

Post by princess »

quote]Went on 3 times. The first 2 goes we went over the top 4 times and then that was it. But then gave us a longer go the third and that was lots of fun. And the motor sounded just like oneills ranger, Was very loud. But i luv the sound of the motors screaming. Good ride, needed a cleanup and a new paintjob.
mmmm so it is not a good ride Topgunner?
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yep, thats what I'm saying but I'll be seeing it this weekend, I'll see if its been refubished and repainted