EKKA 2008

Force10

Post by Force10 »

NO LIMIT citing. yesterday the bell's were stopped at a BP service station at Gatton. So they will be there now! They looked really buggered. They've had a massive trip from the top end.
Unfortunately didn't have a camera with me. And couldn't stop and have a chat with them.
princess

Post by princess »

:lol: :lol: We have our spys everywhere 8)
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Great to hear, yes, a very long trip from the top end. Shows how much workmanship and support they show to the show circuit. So was it just NL there and did you see Thunderbolt with them?
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Also, whos Dodgem tracks do Ekka?
The Limit

Post by The Limit »

Thuder bolt is in adelaide :lol:
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Ah okay, thanks Limit. Where abouts are you? You operating TB at Adelaide?
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

TopGunner in the past tracks have been Coney Fair and Bells, though I think Bells may not have operated in 2007. There's another floor but someone else will be able to fill in that gap.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

From what I have heard, one of the reasons No Limit is so late in arriving is it has been having some slight issues regarding motors. I was not told the full extent but i'm glad to see it's arrived fine (or is about to arrive)
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I was watching some youtube vids and I saw Short's tracks too. Hope NL is all sorted out.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

From what i've been told No Limit has been fixed... however if it doesn't work... maybe we will get HURRICANE :P

Hmmm... But... is Hurricane worth replacing No Limit or not? That would have to be the most hard question I have ever asked myself! :lol:
princess

Post by princess »

Sorry but Hurricane would be no replacement for No Limit
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I know... how's about we pay TPA a heap of money to leave Raupen Bahn down, and pay for Elwin to bring his Hurricane up! I'm sure we could arrange the funds between all the AAF members in what... one week :lol:
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

weird that all these new rides have such re-occuring problems... look at Skywalker, ive even seen videos of that thing getting stuck in holland...
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Huss, in regards to the Skywalker vid you are talking about... was it the actual unit we have here or another KMG tango? I have seen several videos of the Tango failing... but I have never seen or even HEARD of Space Roller having any issues apart from the vandalism at Moomba. With No Limit it is such a powerful ride... maybe Elwin went a bit too hard on the controls trying to make someone seedy...
Force10

Post by Force10 »

ah that makes alot of sense now. one of the reasons that i didn't have a chat to em was they were having a bit of an argument at the front of the truck, obviously Elwin was feeling the stress of a long trip and troubles with the ride. there was nothing else with them, just a big caravan. I really hope it will be a good show for NL, hurricane i am sorry but there is absolutely no replacement for NL..
yeah sorry guys, forgot to tell you that there was two dogem track's set up at the grounds. (i hate dogems btw). Marcovich's (coney fair entertainment) track is in its usual place. and the second one is setup behind crazy coaster, and it will most probably be Short's or Laurie's track. because i did see a truck with lauries dogem track dubbo on the side of it... but then that could have just brought the breakdance. and the truck that bought powersurge had 'shockwave' on the front of it, so showies like to mix things up. so its probably short's.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I noticed the Power Surge truck having "Shockwave" Written on the front of it. But then again Joylands / Better Amusement Hire owned the ride before the Flaherty's brought it just over 12 months ago. That would probably explain it...

And Force10 you have learnt quickly, when showies are fighting... don't get involved unnecessarily, it just causes problems :P
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh, that freightliner was at the Xmas carnival powering Hurri. Yes, I don't think any ride in Oz could replace NL. Yes, Elwin must be under pressure to get down here in time
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Look at this pic I found. Has all the great Wittz rides and our beloved turbo. Click the link:

http://www.queensland-australia.com/Ima ... city-1.jpg
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

GREAT Pic! Lets just re-cap on some of the rides we can see...

Turbo
Ranger (Fabbri)
Hurricane (Joylands and Durkins?)
Super Trooper
Ranger
Rainbow
BreakDance
Ranger (HUSS)
Skymaster
Galaxy
Dodgems
Nightmare Ghost Train?

Damn... what did I miss when I was a kid? :wink:
balloon man

Post by balloon man »

not exactly sure hurricane but pretty sure thats marchs hurricane
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh, thats March's I don't see Joyland's anywhere. I would've missed all them too when I was a kid. I do remember a few great rides especially Turbo being at Sydney ages ago. Has a nice paintjob too
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Sorry my bad... Why was I thinking it was Joylands? Must be this darn flu!
Force10

Post by Force10 »

hey,
bit of an update!.

No Limit is up. and is opposit slingshot, insanity, and breakdance. wave swinger has filled the spot next to roller ghoster and skywalker, it is still being completed. the centre shaft is the only thing up on it. TPA's kamikaze is up, so is hangover, zipper is also set up and ready to go!.
slingshot is still to be unfolded.
if i say so myself. absoultely awesome lineup!
PNC

Post by PNC »

hopefully the people of brisbane flock to the show this year to show some support, i havent heard alot about any flu epidemic so far, so there hasnt been much negative media yet
Force10

Post by Force10 »

Great pic! how classic does that pic look.

i can also see a wave swinger behind galaxy in the distance, also wat is that ride to the left of the skymaster? its orange, and tall looks like it could be something like the rainbow???? could someone fill me in?