DEAF SHOWMEN

Public Forum
tziolasamusements

DEAF SHOWMEN

Post by tziolasamusements »

I want to introduce myself. My name is John, and I am deaf. I can communicate with sign language and mimic miming. I can lipread some people if they speak clearly.
I joined this forum a couple of years ago, but for some reason I could not post comments or participate. Its now been sorted and I am excited to finally be able to share opinions and photos with you guys.
I have worked in the show business for many years with various people. I have operated rides, put up and pulled down rides. I worked with Des and Michael Wittingslow, on the Rainbow, Dodgem Cars, Matterhorn, Pirateship, Enterprise, Double Ranger, Zipper, Galaxy Rollercoaster, Mad Mouse, and kids rides. Garry O'Neill I also worked on the Rainbow when he bought it from Wittingslow. I worked on the Mega Drop with Bronson Little. March I worked on the Wave swinger. Les Osbourne I worked on the Mad Mouse. Adam Reardon I worked on the Dodgem Cars. I have repairs some of rides aswell
I have friends networks with Better Amusements Chants, FJF Amusements Goldenways, Millers, TPA Shows, Watkins and some other smalls shows.
Any questions to discuss free to ask. Cheers John.
Zamperla
Administrator

Re: DEAF SHOWMEN

Post by Zamperla »

Welcome aboard! Good to have you here. look forward to reading your contributions.
princess

Post by princess »

I second that Deaf, welcome :D
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Welcome aboard! always nice to have more people within the industry commenting here. No doubt your experience would have been a bit different to some others, but that just makes us even more diverse and a stronger community! I'd love to hear your input on these forums often, as I'm sure you'd have a different perspective on some things, just like the rest of us do. =)
RexDragon

Post by RexDragon »

Weclome to AAF! You used to work on Rainbow? That's just awesome.
tziolasamusements

thanks everyone! :D
RexDragon wrote:Weclome to AAF! You used to work on Rainbow? That's just awesome.
yes i worked on rainbow 1996 at des wittingslows travel then pull out for few years and met garry o'neills at moomba talked about rainbow which he bought from wittingslow and asked me to come sydney to set up his rainbow which it is at 2007.
Funderstruck

Post by Funderstruck »

Welcome Deaf
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Welcome deaf, be good to hear a few things about your days back with the Wittingslow firm
benclare

Post by benclare »

A belated welcome from me!

I maybe wrong but I think I've seen you around RES before. Perhaps you helped me on and off the Rainbow, Matterhorn etc! I'm sure you've got some fantastic stories to tell.
tziolasamusements

benclare wrote:A belated welcome from me!

I maybe wrong but I think I've seen you around RES before. Perhaps you helped me on and off the Rainbow, Matterhorn etc! I'm sure you've got some fantastic stories to tell.
what year did u see me around RES? did u worked full time with wittingslow? i worked with des wittingslow's many different major rids from 1996 to 1998 then back on 2000 with colin brown's matterhorn for moomba season then back with des son michael wittingslow's mad mouse and pirate in 2007 and 2010
i grew up and hang around friends with wittingslow's family, staff crew and alots of old rides many years since 1988
i need some info from you that i might know who u are. cheers
benclare

Post by benclare »

I've never worked for Wittingslow Amusements but grew up with their rides and was a huge fan. I am fairly sure I saw you at the 97 RES, the last year at Moore Park and the year the Scorpion, Centrepoint 2000 and Chaos debuted. Then in 2000 I think you were working the Matterhorn at RES, is that right? The ride operator gave me a free go because I had such a good time on it and you were loading and unloading passengers I think.