Adelaide Show 2008

princess

Adelaide Show 2008

Post by princess »

Thought it needed its own topic, will look forward to all the reviews, Zamperla, have a great trip.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I didn't know he was going. Yes, have a good trip Zamperla, Ben and Scorpion even though he lives there. Hope to see some photos and some reviews
princess

Post by princess »

I am flabbagasted Topgunner, I thought you knew everything lol. :lol:
Last edited by princess on Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
benclare

Post by benclare »

I'll be there for a little while next Monday evening. Hope to see some AAF members there! I'm keen to try the Big Dipper and Insanity.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

princess wrote:I am flabbagasted Topgunner, I thought you knew everything lol. :lol:
Lol. This is the first time I've quoted and I didn't know how to do that, but don't know everything Lol. I'm keen to read your thoughts about Insanity Ben hope you have a good trip
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Yes I am heading up for a very quick visit - quite looking forward to it as it will be my first time on the grounds (though most of the permanent buildings will now be gone - but the good news is, they've been able to fit in some more rides)

It will be a rushed trip, as I have an even bigger one planned very shortly after it - but I will update you all on that in due course.

It will be nice to see the new Pinfari Big Dipper.
ozshowkid

Post by ozshowkid »

Rode the Big Dipper tonight was one of the first people to ride it, did the first cycle with people on it. Its not a bad little coaster if you ask me, $10 a pop see how she does.

Cheers OZshowkid
come one, come all, come in its time for a showtime spin
benclare

Post by benclare »

Wow! I've heard it's a pretty good ride with the Adelaide media really talking it up at the moment. Is it like Show West's coaster? I guess I'll see for myself next week. :D
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

The Skymaster Wheel is moving! Its so great to see everything moving when going past for a change
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Good to hear its actually moving than it not moving Lol
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

There is a video available on adelaidenow showing insanity, slingshot and the big dipper. I can't actually find the link to copy but you can get to it through www.adelaidenow.com.au
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Pretty good video. Big Dipper looks good and looks like a good ride. Hope it is very successful for Bob at the show.
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

Well I went past the showground at about 7 pm last night and the ground looked bumper - there was still quite a queue to get in at the main goodwoord entrance even though it was only 2 hours away from the majority of things closing (showbags till 10 and sideshow alley till 11). Mind you the new entrance was empty..

I think I should have taken more notice - but I think there must have been a full moon in Adelaide last night --- lots of weird things were happening in the city itself as well! I didnt hear about the blackout till Saturday morning - but I thought it was unusual as the train I caught home was packed with people from the show and this was before the fireworks. I actually noticed 2 ppl on the train who had hats saying "Wittingslow Games" - was wondering if they had anything to do with Wittingslow Amusements. They had jumpers with E&A fun and games or something similair - I didn't want to stare to closely.

Have to agree with the comments in the other thread re the blackout that it has been blown out of proportion. I'd like to know why Space Roller has been signalled out -- they have even been showing footage with the space roller in the ten news update all arvo - although at least it had drooped to the last story by about 2 (it was leading b4 that - i'm not sure how when someone through a molatov cocktail at a bus). Thankfully t didnt actually make the front page of the Tiser, (although it was in the banner headline). I think everyone has become increasingly aware though that these issues seem to be News Limited's Hobby Horse -- You only have to look at how they are reporting even if a Qantas plane runs out of toilet paper! I do worry though News Limited might try and get a few more stories out of it -- they seem out of ideas here - if the paper here isn't pushing for a new sports stadium in the city its that public transport is full -- so hopefully they don't take up the show as their new hobby horse...

I'll be heading to the show this friday arvo. If Dave or Ben wanted to meet at some stage earlier in the week - send me a PM on here. Sorry if this message seems as it is ranting.

By the way if you believe the football comentators on ten, the crowd at AAMI is crap because everyone is at the show -- so that should mean that the crowd there is bumper lol! Persoanlly I just think the Crows fans are tight!
princess

Post by princess »

From the pictures that were on flicker, the crowd looked great.

Have a great time Ben.

As for football crowds, the crowd in Sydney was on 19,000, so not just Adelaide, but Sydney weather was horrible, cold and wet.
princess

Post by princess »

We have had to turn to general chit chat, while we are waiting for a review on Adelaide, sorry for the purest amoungst us.
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

lol
princess

Post by princess »

Ok Ben where is your review, its been three days now.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Hi everyone!

I'm utterly exhausted so will go into details shortly but I will say the blackout thing was definitely a nonissue by Saturday when I arrived in Adelaide and everything was operating normally and still is I think. the amount of people attending was unbelievable and the weather up until last night was great with Tuesday reaching 19 degrees!

Will write more real soon, sorry for the delay! :oops:
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

A very quick post to let you all know the Adelaide Show was back with a vengeance, with huge crowds on the saturday I was there. (wait time for a carpark was upwards of 45 minutes from the queue out on the main road). Most rides were doing pretty full cycles including the Mega Drop. Bob Lawrence's publicity worked a treat with one of the biggest queue lines I've ever seen on the new Big Dipper. So long that I gave it a miss. (I will save that sort of queue for Disneyland)

I was very impressed with the general atmosphere and facilities on offer at the grounds, which certainly pushes Royal Melbourne a notch lower down the rankings.

Last edited by Zamperla on Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

now see any photos i take, will just be completely outdone by them.
fantastic photos Zamperla
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Great photos as always Zamperla, thanks. Did you try Insanity?
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Thanks for the compliments guys (you didn't see all the ones that I had to sort through)

Scorpion there were many rides I didn't include - you can fill in the gaps - am interested to hear other people's thoughts, especially locals as I did not have last year's one to compare it with (with the buildings, mad mouse etc)
princess

Post by princess »

Love the photos Zamperla, the first one with skymaster is just fantastic, also the girls on the big dipper, hilarous, there is something to remember, note to self, no mini skirts, lol :lol:

Ok Ben we will wait, hope you feel refreshed soon.
kiwi

Photo's

Post by kiwi »

Nice photo's, who's is that Gravitron, and how many trains does the Big Dipper run?

Many thanks
Kiwi
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Amazing pics Zamperla.So you are off to California eh?,I thought you may have been flying over to Europe for Oktoberfest...have fun :) .