St Mary's Carnival 2008 (More Pics added)

Top Gunner14

St Mary's Carnival 2008 (More Pics added)

Post by Top Gunner14 »

The St Mary's carnival is on once again this year. With Amusement Hire Services, Foster's Carnival Amusements and East Coast Amusements bringing some of their equipment to entertain kids for the school holidays.

Ride lineup:
Top Gun
Midnight Madness
Trabant
Dodgems
Zoomer
Giant Slide
Jungle Challenge
Circus Train
Chair O Plane
Few Inflatables
Sideshows
Fun Food

Was over there today and took some pics and review will be up shortly
Runs until the end of the school holidays.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Last edited by Top Gunner14 on Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Got over to the carnival today. Not very busy, lucky the rain held off. A pretty good lineup of rides these holidays. With John Phelan's Midnight Madness being there for the first time and one of the first events it has done. John and Ashley's Trabant which hasnt been out for a couple of years has been refurbished and looking good. And y favourite Top Gun was there with all new lights and a couple of other things added. Will mention them in the review coming up now.

Top Gun: Havent seen the ride all year but finally got a chance. Looking spectacular as it always does. The back wall looks great, the artwork on the control booth looks fantastic and the ride is in great condition. The sign up the top was missing as its currently getting new lights and chaseres put in but will be back on Saturday. The lights around the border of the back wall have all been replaced and have had chasers fitted. The lights on the main boom have had chasers put in. The sound system has been replaced and some subwoofers have been purchased too. Had a ride and the ride was running really well,

Midnight Madness: Yes another Ali Baba into Australia. Has spent the last year in the yard being fixed up. The ride to me still needs alot of TLC and fixing up. The centre piece was missing, the ride is really loud when it runs and the top of the tower is fully exposed with all the gears and cogs showing. Didnt get a chance to ride it

Dodgems: Wasn’t too busy, the cars need a bit of work and repaint, the artwork on the border of the ride looks good, the lights were all working, the back wall looks good but just faded.

Trabant: Never seen this unit before but has been getting rebuilt the last couple of years. Didn’t ride it but had a couple of kids riding it. Has got all new yellow and pink lights fitted on the framework with chasers installed, the artwork around the border of the ride looks great with all airbrush art themed music trip. The ride was running fast and well in both forward and backwards. Great to see this ride not back.

Zoomer: Has been repainted and looks great, also has new lights fitted out. Was running really fast and well but wasnt too popular either

I’ll hopefully be back out there on Saturday and will take more pics and do another review. ENJOY

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Last edited by Top Gunner14 on Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Once again TopGun - great work and very much appreciated by a non-New-South-Welshman like myself, who has never seen Phelans or Fosters rides before. (I knew about all including that nice little Zuma but never saw them close up like this)

That Trabant is looking good - the angle of those lights is clever. I would be keen to ride it to see how it compares with the speed of O'Neills (Dreamworld's would be well and truly out of the contest)

Looks like they struck out with very average weather - one of the perils of this great industry. (though Dodgems always do extra well in the rain!)
Last edited by Zamperla on Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanx Dave, u could use he trabant and zumur on ur site, as well as top gun and midnight madness. I was worried heading over today because it was pouring at my place but was gloomy but not raining at the carnival. Its been shocking here in sydney, we've had 12 consecutive days of rain. Thanx again dave

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Is it just my PC or are the images not working?
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Try refreshing the screen (probably the imageshack server)
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh they are working
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Hmm... all I get is a little jpeg box. I've tried refreshing and everything.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

thanks for the pix mate..

also send that bloody Midnight Madness junk back to wherever it came from, the larger lower panel looks like a joke, and it does the ride no justice.... Seriously are some showmen for real? Why bring in a ride that wouldnt get jack sh** at a big show?

JUNK!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I hate the wide bottom panel too. John will only be doing hire jobs with it. I think a nicer mimi would have been much better especially for hire jobs. But it might pop up around some NSW shows that the inderpendents run, all the NSW shows are over so i wont be seeing it. Thanx for the comment too HUSS

Cheers
Top Gunner14
benclare

Post by benclare »

Good one again Topgunner! What is the Zoomer?

I thought about heading over to St. Mary's this weekend but I don't think I'll get a chance so I'll enjoy the next best thing right here on AAF. :)

I've only experienced the Topgun once before at the Narrabeen Carnival last Christmas and it was pretty impressive and sounded almost like O'Neil's Ranger.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

The zoomer is built by chance. It is just a chair o plane just goes quicker and its bigger. Well the top gun is very quiet now when it runs. Runs really smooth too. I think im heading out again tomorrow so another review and more pics
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Pretty sure that Zumer at this carnival and Dreamworld's (re-themed in their Nickolodean section) were both made by Ferarri under license from Chance.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yes i remember seeing the dreamworld one when i was last up there. Ill ask the owner today as im going back out there soyou can all expect another review and pics

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Went out to the carnival again yesterday, much better day, nice blue skies and was pretty busy, great to see it so busy for the showies to make som money finally with havin the gear setup in the rain for the last 2 weeks. Heres just a couple of pics ive already done a review so ill just put the pics up.

Top Gun:

Trabant:

Dodgems:

Jungle Challenge:

Zoomer:

Didnt get to ride anything yesterday as i was busy. Another upgrade or accessorie is that its getting some of those ride sounds and jingles. Dont know when they'll be ready and the sign on top of the ride has now got all lights on it. Theres my lasy review for a couple of months now until about August when Penrith show is on.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

YAY... the photos are FINALLY loading here! But i'm on dial up speed until tonight :(
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

YES, finally, great to hear. Wat do you think of the pics?

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

They are good pics, despite taking 10 minutes to load (thanks to going over my Download Limit)
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

So you're on a shaped plan i assume hurricane?,me too,and I hate it AAAAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!!.Cant wait until the end of this year when my plan ends.I'm switching to Soul's unlimited 256k plan.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I'm on a Optus Fusion plan. $99 per month for 20GB Cable Downloads, Unlimited local and national calls, as well as calls to Optus Mobiles. I get shaped to 128kbps after going over my limit.

However they have since changed the Fusion conditions where you get charged for excess Downloads. Thank goodness they havn't done that to me!