Moomba Waterfest 8-10th March 2008

HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

im going again, will take proper photos tomorrow

and no, they gave short rides because it was almost 11:30, and they just wanted people to hurry up..... bull**** if you ask me, also while on it, I could see the SPACE ROLLER signs on the grass behind the ride, I think theyve been damaged.
princess

Post by princess »

Which show are you talking about, if you are talking about Sydney, most of us will do a review, maybe not as good as your reviews, but arnt you going Topgunner.
Doogal

Post by Doogal »

spoke to Russell ground under his crane gave way damaged the scenery as well
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

damn... thats shocking, hopefully it can be fixed for Sydney... it looks terrible without the signs and the 2 extra light boxes!
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Could've been a lot worse. I'm glad damage was minimal to his equipment and all involved were OK.
CrazyCoaster424

Post by CrazyCoaster424 »

Huss or anyone that went, could ya take some photos of Space Roller without the Signs and 2 Extra light boxes, as i'm keen to see photos without it.

CrazyCoaster
benclare

Post by benclare »

Yes good to hear no one was injured but definitely a pity about the damage to the equipment which will probably cost a bit of dough to repair.
CrazyCoaster424

Thanks for that Zamperla, I thought it was much worse that that, but still a pitty. Hope this doesnt effect Space Roller traveling around. Thanks for the pic Zamperla!

CrazyCoaster
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanx dave, yeh not as bad but does take something away from the ride with presentation, hopefully fixed soon
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

In the scheme of things, it is minor - and doesn't detract from the ride much at all, in my opinion. It is those extra pieces that make Spaceroller stand out from the others - no expense is spared from the Mondial factory.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Ueh knew the ride itself wasnt damaged, its just as u said the decorations that make ot look great
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

I'm sorry to say it.... but I feel a bit over Space Roller.... shame

No Limit on the other hand... love love love
princess

Post by princess »

Did you ride it Huss, haaaaw I wanted to be there when you had your first ride on it, if you did tell us about what you thought.
Last edited by princess on Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benclare

Post by benclare »

Huss are you telling us you rode No Limit last weekend? If so, congratulations! It sounds like you enjoyed it like I knew you would. I know what a big step it is to move up to something like NL. If you're still yet to ride it, I'm guessing you'll pluck up the courage at this year's RES.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

lol yeah sorry to dissapoint, but didnt do NO LIMIT, the only new ride I did was POWER SURGE (tame spaceroller)

im sure zamperla will drag me on no limit next week
benclare

Post by benclare »

You'll love it Huss; just take a deep breath and hold on. Hopefully you won't have to stand too long in the queue; that's the worst thing about doing a thrill ride for the first time I reckon.

So, how did Moomba finish up? Did the hot weather on Monday affect the crowd numbers? :?:
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

A wise prediction - the pleasure will be all mine.

I would get Princess to take photos, but I don't think they allow cameras on board. 8)
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

I went into Moomba on Saturday arvo - night and it was an exellent atmosphere - there is no doubt, the festival has been revived from the Wittingslow days to include more rides than ever on both sides of the Yarra River.

Most rides were operating at least 50% + capacity. Verfurth's wheel was doing great business - I rode it just before the fireworks and they were filling every car with a 20 minute queue - they had loading down to a fine art with a staff member on each side - 4 cars at a time.

I noticed a speaker mounted inside the car. I thought some relaxing music may have been the go, but we were reminded not to stand during the ride and that 'anyone caught spitting or throwing objects will be removed from the ride, and the police will be notified' - it made the young guys opposite us think twice about playing up. A great view of the whole midway and Melbourne skyline from the top. It was a very mild night - not too hot but hot enough to enjoy the cool breeze from the top.

The fireworks as always were spectacular - a much higher standard than any capital show (I would argue just as good as Sydney Harbour) - they were launched off at least 4 - 6 pontoons along the middle of the river. I was close enough to feel the reminants falling on my head! - ahh the smell of fireworks.

Other rides doing constant full cycles were Slingshot, NO Limit and O'Neills Wavesinger. Crazy Coaster had a fairly constant line, I'm not sure how many cars they were running.

Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Great pics thanx dave. As u said with slingshot, doesnt take that many people to have a full load Lol but its just getin people to pay the $20 or is it still 30 but just to pay that. Great to hear u had a great day/night

Cheers
Top Gunner14
benclare

Post by benclare »

Brilliant as always Zamperla; hopefully our run of good weather will continue through the RES. I love those warm nights in the carnival with fireworks going off! It's sort of a shame Skyview isn't located in the main carnival area although Skymaster is an awesome substitute and probably offers more atmosphere with the open cars.
princess

Post by princess »

Great night shots Zamperla, I love the fireworks too, after the fireworks on the harbour this year, our boats were covered in ash and yes you could feel it landing on you, but there are no better fireworks than Sydney on New Years Eve.
CrazyCoaster424

Great photos Zamperla. Slingshot is a bit over the top with $30 bucks a ride, but I guess that you gotta make some money when ya don't have a big capacity ride. Power Surge looks so fun! Can't wait to see Huss' photos!

CrazyCoaster
princess

Post by princess »

I just reread the post above Zamperla lol, in your dreams :lol: :lol: :lol:
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

the speaker in each car on Verfuths wheel have always been there, the strange thing is they play music before the ride moves, and then when it starts it cuts out, its only ever played music once when I rode it, and it was shitty VEGA FM
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thats a bit strange. I thought it would just have music for the whole ride while it goes non stop