2008 Royal Easter Show

benclare

2008 Royal Easter Show

Post by benclare »

Just thought I'd give you a bit of info about the upcoming Show which begins on Thursday, 20 March as Easter is early this year.

The main carnival will feature March's Skywalker as its new attraction and the Power Surge, Taipan, Speed, No Limit, Space Roller, Zipper etc will be back and I'm fairly sure the Rainbow will be as well as O'Neil's have got three rides going. My guess is Waveswinger for the Kids Carnival, Ranger and Rainbow...

An interesting new thing they've got this year is the Extreme Riders Club which apparently offers some great discounts for people like us who love the carnival. I don't know much about this yet as it isn't launched until later this month but will keep you posted either via the website or if I hear something before the launch. Sounds great doesn't it? :D

One more thing. The Xtreme Tuesday offer has been scrapped as far as I know but you can get unlimited rides for $30.00 on the opening day between 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM, limited to the first 6000 entries.

All this info should be on the website if it isn't already.

About a month and a half to go; I'm already getting excited! :D
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

no news of a turbo?
theirs something some sort of saying about been played
benclare

Post by benclare »

I've been trying to find out whether Bell's Turbo will be at this year's RES but nothing so far. I have a feeling we're going to be disappointed on that front. :( The new 3-storey Halloween ghost train will be another new attraction though.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yep Halloween will be there. Sum good compertion for osbourne and TPA. Music trip will be back up and another dodgem track(bells) And turbo will prob b makin its debut with all its marvel characters painted all over it now. Ill be down there prob Easter Sunday to the thursday 27th i think. Cant wait

Cheers
Top Gunner14
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Rainbow has been booked on again, featured on the royal show website, as long with many other descriptions, no news as to TURBO on the site... could it be a secret, who knows. Ill be there from March 21-23 and heading back to melbourne on the 24th..... sooo pumped! going to be an awesome year, and plan to get more video and photos than ever before.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yes chris its going to be a great year. Im sure turbo will be there and prob being kept as a secret. The website doesnt mention chaos or claw? I hope they go. I dont think scorpian will go :cry: . And bugger chris, u go on the 23rd and ill get there that night!!! Oh well

Cheers
Top Gunner14
princess

Post by princess »

My info is that Chaos and Claw will be there.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thanx princess
benclare

Post by benclare »

Hopefully flashdance will be there too; it's an excellent ride!

I'm not sure yet what day or days I'll be at the RES; it depends on a lot of things but I know I will definitely be there some time and will check out the new Skywalker which wasn't operating when I was in Coffs back in December.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

I think it might be time to either give chaos or claw the boot.... they arent really classics..... make room for new or great classic rides..
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Apparently music trip and bells dodgems arent booked on. But sadly turbo still has a few more things needed fixin up so mite hav to wait a few more years. Was talkin to elwin bell. Im very sad :cry: :( Sorry bout the bad news everyone
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

thankgod its not a fave or anticipated ride of mine to see, shame its not coming out though... what a let down
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I was told that it was goin but then elwin bell confirmed to me yesterday it wont be out for a few more years. Also, dont get ur hopes up about seein anyones hurricane at any of the capitals. It will b rare if they get on anywhere anymore
princess

Post by princess »

I do not want to hear about turbo again, I dont know what Elwin is playing at, but he seems to like to keep everyone talking and guessing about turbo, well I am now over it.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Yeah im a little bit over the whole tennis match about turbo, will we see it, will we not, its been going on for over two years now. If we see it, we bloody see it, if not... well hey, not much we can do.
and sorry, but I rode the HURRICANE at St. Kilda Festival.... i'm glad it doesnt show up much these days, its a shocking ride. It may be considered an american classic, but I don't see anything or feel anything special about it.
princess

Post by princess »

Huss I personally love Hurricane.
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

Princess. Hurricane is one of the best classic rides to have ever existed IMO.:D

It's very thrilling for young kids, and even for some adults and a lot of teenagers too. Now, I think that just about covers a large segment of riders right there. I can understand why it may not appeal to everyone though. It's just down to personal preference.

On the issue of Bell's Turbo, I am a bit over it all too. It just seems to be the same story over an over again. I just hope the next time we hear anything about it, it will have been seen sighted traveling along the roads somewhere heading to one of the shows. My fingers are still crossed.
princess

Post by princess »

You wont get an argument from me regarding Hurricane, Superloop, as for Turbo, unless it is actually up and operating, thats is when it should then get published on this site and not before.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Totally agree Princess, unless its operating at the 2008 Show, theres no real reason to go crazy guessing where it will be ...
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Well i cant wait to still see turbo. I luv the hurricane. A great ride but id like someone to buy a downdraft and take it to the capitals. Bit more of a thrill with dangling feet getin shot up and down
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I've actually read reviews on the Darton "DownDraft" and apparently they are no where near as good as the normal Hurricanes. But you all know where I stand with my Hurricanes...

And in regards to the Turbo. I'm also over hearing about it, I mean if it runs it runs if not... well yeah. As much as I'd LOVE to ride it, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Also I have been lurking, just not able to be posting latley due to a forum glitch which seems to be fixed now! And I'm LOVING the paintjob on Elwin's Music Trip!
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Music Trip is another ride that doesnt need to be at the capitals.... waste of space, small space that is.

why not Wittingslow get their ENTERPRISE back home, and back on the circuit!
benclare

Post by benclare »

I honestly don't think the old classic rides will return to the capital shows which is disappointing but a boon for the regional shows which seem to thrive on these attractions. It's a good excuse for us to get along to cuntry shows! :)
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

So are you encouraging us to be Country Bumpkins :P I havn't been to any shows since the EKKA! I really need to get back into it lol.
princess

Post by princess »

Well I would like to put forward that maybe we should go to Hawkesbury, this year, Camden is also coming up shortly, country is what its all about Hurricane, Ekka, RES, bringing the country to the city :lol: