Question?

Public Forum
Monkeypie

Question?

Post by Monkeypie »

How young do you think is too young to go on rides? I was horrified today when I saw a girl I know take her 1 year old son on the dodgems only to find out later she also took him on the twister twice! shouldn't there be some sort of age restriction on these rides? Im sure rides like that could cause damage to someone so young! No way I would take my 2 year old daughter on these rides and didn't take my son on dodgems until he was at least 3. Thoughts on this please :)
princess

Re: Question?

Post by princess »

The owners/operators were taking a very large risk the chance of the child bring flung out her mothers arms was huge, completely stupid, there are restrictions for a reason to protect the riders and to ensure the owner/operator don't get sued or jailed
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I honestly think it's disgusting that someone that young even with parental supervision be allowed to go on a ride like Dodgem cars at all. I feel that realistically for Dodgem cars they should be a minimum of 90cm to ride with an adult (or 4 years old) and 110 - 120cm to ride alone (or say 7 - 8 years old)

The risks of having a child that young thrown out is incredibly high and the ONLY way that this should have ever been allowed is if there was not another car on the track at all so that there was no chance of bumping. The owners of this track (and the operator) would have been personally liable if anything had happened and I don't agree with it at all.
speederbrad95

Post by speederbrad95 »

not on! i know i would and will never let someone that young even with an adult on to a ride like those
Sit Back Hold Tight Here We Go!