2010 Perth Royal Show

dell2006

Re: 2010 Perth Royal Show

Post by dell2006 »

isnt the orbiter and energy storm the same thing? only different shape cars
DEEFA DODGEM

Post by DEEFA DODGEM »

Not quite, the Orbitor used to rotate then the arms gradually swang out on an angle where as the Energy Storm swings right out and eventually goes all the way up and over until they are upside down (facing the floor). Hence the over the shoulder restraints on the Energy Storm and not the flimsy piss fart lap bars on the Orbitor, which I may add had the chance of coming unlatched due to the flexing of the carriages. Something I had first hand experience at!

DEEFA.
Thrillseeker08

Post by Thrillseeker08 »

Royal show just under a week away,

I am planning to do an AAF Get together day on either the first or last day of the show, where we will attempt to do a "Rideathon" that i did last year one ride after the other, i know it sounds crazy but any suggestions forwarded to me will be much appreciated..

Cheers
Alan
Bring on RES 2014....First major capital easter show since moving to NSW in June 2013
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

nice bit of carnie action in the sunday times
see what happens when the operators dont give away free rides, they get bad feedback :lol: :lol: :lol:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Coco75

Post by Coco75 »

Hey guys, do any of you know if the Cyber Party is there this year? Didn't mind that last year. It was definitely a step up from the Crazy Dance. Would be disappointed if it didn't make a reappearance. Cheers :)
Thrillseeker08

Post by Thrillseeker08 »

Welcome aboard Coco75, I am not 100% Sure if cyberparty would return this year after last year's turn out who really enjoyed it like myself,Ive heard on a competition on Radio Station 92.9 win family passes to the show and one of the announcers said to one winner, you get to ride the mixer etc lol, im like to myself : serious how lame lol...

Btw if any W.A. AAF member who is free to meet up on Monday (Queens Birthday) i will be out and about, just look for me floating around sideshow alley taking photos but not riding the attractions and aswell returning on the Last Day to attempt to ride every attraction, so if you see me going from ride to another with a bunch of people around the grounds thats me!
Bring on RES 2014....First major capital easter show since moving to NSW in June 2013
Coco75

Post by Coco75 »

Thanks Thrillseeker08 :) , oh well if it's not it's not. It'll be a shame though! I know, I've heard them too lol. :lol:

Hope some members can meet up with you on Monday! I'm heading there on Saturday....yes I know there's the stupid train strike, but that won't stop me lol. Always go on the Saturday, for some reason I feel safer on the rides as they've just been serviced and checked.
Thrillseeker08

Post by Thrillseeker08 »

Coco75,

Im going tommorow yes and also enjoy the pleasant train strike like i experienced this morning lol,
change of plans going with my missus and go some photographing lol,

Stay tuned tonight from five as i think Ten News will cover the new attractions at this year's show.

And also will be out in force with my camera tommorow in sideshow alley!
Vee

Post by Vee »

I'll be there tomorrow morning getting photos of sideshow for clients and back on Sunday evening with friends. I don't want to meet any of you, because I will forget your names and then it's just awkward.

Don't introduce yourself if you spot my avatar, because none of them will be me and then it will be really awkward.

I'm serious.

Have fun.
princess

Post by princess »

Nice :shock:
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

just saw on the news, appears to be a zipper at the show
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

yes davis zipper is there
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Cyber Party will not be at the Perth Show this year, Trindall's didn't think it was worth the long drive over for only one show. Which is understandable, at least when March's go over there they try and do a few shows at least.
Thrillseeker08

Post by Thrillseeker08 »

Good Morning all on this sunny fine beautiful day,

Show Day is today, looking forward to checking out this Year's attractions including the Zipper (Which caught my eye) in last nights feature in seven news, so for thoses who will be out keep an eye out for a guy with a camera or having his photo taken next to a ride with my missus and the family!

Mind you its my first official outing being introduced with the family, so all wish me luck... Photos and review to come of day one later tonight.

Take care
Thrillseeker08
Vee

Post by Vee »

Weather was good yesterday, but not all that busy while I was there (until about 2ish).

Apparently a cable snapped on the Mega Drop - all I saw was a closed sign in the ticket booth.

Back tonight with some friends.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

I think thats happened to MEGA DROP before..... foolish ride
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

It's actually Short's Zipper over there, also saw Sea Circus is there aswell, some great new rides for the show this year, looking forward to some pics
Vee

Post by Vee »

I haven't actually worked the Royal yet this year but it's been clearly down on last year
Thrillseeker08

Post by Thrillseeker08 »

Hey guys

Check out the pictures of taken of sideshow alley on the first day, more to come next week
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54336472@N ... 032671030/

Enjoy.
princess

Post by princess »

Looks Great thrillseeker, great looking weather too.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Nice photos thanks Thrillseeker. Good to see Twin FLip is back in action and Mixer is looking good aswell. How's that been going? Had any problems and is it pulling in riders?
Thrillseeker08

Post by Thrillseeker08 »

Suprisely yes, it did draw some crowds on the first day when i was there, as its position right next to Show West's Wave Swinger so take ya pic lol, off again on saturday to snap up some more photos and complete a Rideathon :P
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

Did March's have their Hurricane there too?...saw the ticket booth in one of the pics,nice job on them by the way Thrillseeker08,always love to see night shots.Good mix of classic and some of the latest thrills to be had on this capitals midway.
ImageImage
Thrillseeker08

Post by Thrillseeker08 »

March's Hurrcaine is there as well, didnt have enough time to photograph it as was againsts time to make it for the fireworks, however going again this saturday for the last day and more photos to come.

Also The Claw and Energy Storm never showed up as well :(
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Last year's Perth Show from overhead:
http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-31.972178,1 ... d=20100919