Orbitor Ride burning question???

Thrillseeker08

Orbitor Ride burning question???

Post by Thrillseeker08 »

Hey all,

Just a question in regards to the Orbitor ride, how many is there here in Australia in the show circuit?

1) Show West.... Here in W.A.

Any much appreciated information will be great.
Bring on RES 2014....First major capital easter show since moving to NSW in June 2013
Zamperla
Administrator

Re: Orbitor Ride burning question???

Post by Zamperla »

There is another that used to do east coast (NSW mainly) named Cyclone, but I last saw it around 2001. Can anyone give more info?
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

Zamperla wrote:There is another that used to do east coast (NSW mainly) named Cyclone, but I last saw it around 2001. Can anyone give more info?

is this the one that went to china? actually that was someone elses i think
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Did Wittingslow's own one or not?
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Yes I think you might be right that Cyclone did end up going to China - permanently. I'm thinking there is a good chance this one was the same unit as Wittingslow's. I never remembered Witts one having a deck on it - so this may have been added when it was sold to its new owner. Orbitors are great rides. I remember seeing Wittingslow's operate when I was very young, thinking it was one of the scariest rides there (moved very fast)
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

Zamperla wrote:Yes I think you might be right that Cyclone did end up going to China - permanently. I'm thinking there is a good chance this one was the same unit as Wittingslow's. I never remembered Witts one having a deck on it - so this may have been added when it was sold to its new owner. Orbitors are great rides. I remember seeing Wittingslow's operate when I was very young, thinking it was one of the scariest rides there (moved very fast)

i thought it was johnsons that disappeared to china not to sure on that though.
Thrillseeker08

Post by Thrillseeker08 »

I can remember when show west's Orbitor made the appearence at the Northam show back in the early 90's when i was small, it still had an American theme red/blue with the eagle on the word ORBITOR on the ticket booth lol..

My god it scared me, i look at it now it one of my favourite rides of the show west fleet.
Bring on RES 2014....First major capital easter show since moving to NSW in June 2013