Top Gun for sale

Post by Funderstruck »

Just noticed this on amusementz.com.au
http://www.amusementz.com.au/ClasView.aspx?id=225
Need a win on the lotto now :)
PNC

Re: Top Gun for sale

Post by PNC »

last i heard kamikaze's were going for 400 000 and over, so it is about half the price
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

If you don't mind me asking, why is it that you say the Top Gun is a dud ride? From all the photo's i've seen it looks like it's really well looked after and I very rarely hear of any malfunctions with the ride. Unless you know stuff that we don't know, I don't think it's quite justified to say it's been a dud ride.
benclare

Post by benclare »

I must say I am surprised the Topgun is up for sale. In my oppinion it's a great ride, hardly ever breaks down as far as I'm aware and the single arm doesn't detract from the ride experience at all.
PNC

Post by PNC »

it would be a great hire tool, i wonder if he would swap for my para trooper? LOL
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Is a great hire tool, went from working if lucky once a year with TPA to working up to multiple times a weekend during the fetes/festival season. Rides no dud, hardly ever has any problems and has been well looked after and has had alot of work done since being purchased from TPA.

Marky have you got anything else you wanna tell us about the ride you "think" you own which is actually Lew and Bronson's ride, The Mixer???
itsfun

Post by itsfun »

yes the ride does perform well. the amount of hire jobs it does each year is good. It holds its own against Ali Baba's . it works right beside on at 2 shows and doesnt effect it..... Maybe Markyeade needs to get out more..........................
princess

Post by princess »

Well until Bronson and Lew verify we cant do much about it
Last edited by princess on Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
itsfun

Post by itsfun »

the closest he is to owning part of the mixer is when he dreams in his sleep..................................................................... it is owned by Lew and Bronson 50/50.........
flapjack

Post by flapjack »

Hello just to let you know Markyeade is not Mark Eade from Eades Amusements.
He has only just came aware of someone using his name as a I.D and is very upset
about this situation and has contacted the admininstrator about this situation
So please disregard any comments made from this fake identy ......he was unaware this
website even exsisted until i spoke to Him today
This is wrong!!!!!! :( :( :x
princess

Post by princess »

Glad that you made him aware, it is definitely not good
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Mmmm... Its a shame that there are other people out here that try to trash other people's names. Whoever was pretending to be him must be a bit of a tosser, as it can really trash peoples reputations. Thanks for letting us and the admin's of the site know!
itsfun

Post by itsfun »

I have spoken to Mark Eade and it is not him writing on this website. I think the person who is using his name should be man enough to identify them selves. It is a very low act to use someone elses name and talk crap like this person has done. I think the administrator should have a look at the application/login process on this site. This person is a real looser and the administrator should identify who this person is so that everyone on here can see the person making these smart ass comments............................ Please post ur thoughts so the administrator can see how many people arnt happy with this sort of crap going in................. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Because myself and the REAL Mark Eade are not happy with this.....
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

A very low act. I have deleted all posts written under this false identity.

I will speak to Matt about having his IP address banned too. Pretending to be someone else is completely unacceptable
itsfun

Post by itsfun »

i would like email address of the person saying they are MarkyEade please.
PNC

Post by PNC »

itsfun, i dont think private info can be given out due to privacy act, regarless of who he is.

also when you register on this site i think you should have to use your own name the same as ATFOTF has, and the admin should have to verify this as they do, it will be a pain for the admin, but the site will run a lot better in my opinion, and should save this crap from going on
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh low act of course, ever since the markyeade account was made last year and started posting stuff it has been a bit fake with the comments written. They should be able to get the email address for sure and an idea of who it is from that
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

look at his login IP, Scan login database for matching IP, all over. It wont happen though this site seems to have a thing with "protecting" users no matter what they do.
Force10

Post by Force10 »

Hi Guys,

Just reading what has been going on here - thats really sh**! More really disappointing someone could be so low.

Agree - I believe admin should ban the IP from this forum. It's punishment for a fraudulent, and defaming act. But it is up to 'the' Mark Eade - to take further legal action as he sees fit, with the help of information from admin of course! It's not up to us or the forum administrators to take further action on this matter.

A massive problem with online communities is users can pretend to be someone they are not. Admin cannot be held accountable for enabling a 'fake' user to post. We all have a duty to scrutinise, question and correct content that is authored here (including admin), which I believe we do very well collaboratively. I think we can all agree the comments made by the since banished member were often highly questionable. I don't think we really ever believed anything this user said. (though often raised considerable doubt i.e the ownership of MIXER).

Our community is functioning as it should - we question all claims made here, and try identify, validate sources and the more we participate - the stronger and more legitimate our threads and discussions are.

Let's discredit anything this person has ever said (Zamperla has deleted it), and move on. But never forget low acts like this have happened and could happen.

Cheers,
Force
Force10

Post by Force10 »

I've had an idea - could we separate / categories users into 'industry members' and 'non-industry members' (like myself). I say this because users who claim to be a notable figures in the industry have a lot of weight in here, so obviously in their interest to be properly validated.

For example it wouldn't be hard for Admin to make contact with Eades Amusements (for example) to validate a newly registered or existing member who claim to be an owner/operator from this company.

You all know anything I say (as a non industry member) of this forum is only at most opinion or speculation. When OzShow Kid says something - we generally know its fact and not speculation.

What do you all think? Could be a big task - but could help prevent a serious issue...