new rides

princess

Post by princess »

Darewing it would not surprise me that Australia are buying alot of rides, it has only been in the last couple of years that newer rides have been arriving here, if the showmen dont keep up with the times they loose money, every time a new ride arrives it puts pressure on the showmen who have the older rides to update, if they dont they loose ground at capitals where the newer rides take preference over the older ones, there will be a few older rides disappearing from capitals in the near future, in my opinion.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Yes I see what you mean Princess, it is self-perpetuating.

I have heard very good things about that Capriolo 'Eclipse' - interesting that it is fan powered too, and seems surprisingly powerful!
DareWing

Post by DareWing »

The fan is for playing with the speed (to let it fall faster or slower or for balance at the top) but it's not the main engine. Eclipse is a giant Top Spin in fact as the gondola can be locked in position or rotate.
To be honest, I have to tame this one yet, until now I didn't dare to ride this whiteknuckle attraction. It looks very intimidating when the seats are locked at the top position and then makes an upside down loop (with other words, upside down through the station)

An impression how high this ride is;
http://img21.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=i ... pse7um.jpg
Trav

Post by Trav »

Yes!!! The Eclipse looks amazing! I hope this is true, I will be extremely happy to ride this one.. from the video I have of this ride, it is simply amazing! I can't even to begin to imagine the G-forces....this is such great news.

Wow, also a NEW ZIPPER! Great! I can't wait! I hope this means a return of the Zipper, especially to all the major shows.

So to the Zipper we add, Turbo, Eclipse, Space Roller, Speed, and others, how cool will all this be in 2006? I will probably go faint now....................
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

just remember trav, Eclipse and Zipper are just rumors, as much as it would be amazing to see them here.... I don't know how happy Paviers would be with an eclipse on the scene.

hope to see rainbow looking nicer in sydney.... hopefully we can see a sale of it this year...fingers crossed

chris
Stargate6

Post by Stargate6 »

Ridesworld says that the No Limit (Mondial furiozo) is sold in Australia, the furiozo is a litle version of the capriolo (eclipse)

All the rides on www.RidesDB.com
zipperdude22

Post by zipperdude22 »

a new zipper!!!!! yes i really hope these rumors are a true this sounds awsome i hope these rides apper at sydney especially the turbo ive only ever saw that ride in real life once standing never in opperation but from what ive heard it sounds awsome but a new zipper dose that mean there will be 5 of the best ride ever in aus??¿¿¿
ride the zipper!!
ozshowkid

Post by ozshowkid »

Get ready, get up all your courage to ride INSANITY Chaos Pendle, Australias newest attraction. Standing 45 metres high it'll whip you and flip you all the way into the sky, your stomach will get turned inside out while you scream and shout.
INSANITY Chaos Pendle coming to a show near you.
Another new ride brought by a member of the "Showmens Guild Of Australia" i think the tally now stands at 15 and its still going up.

Cheers OZshowkid
come one, come all, come in its time for a showtime spin
benclare

Post by benclare »

I can't wait to check it out! Is this thing a taller and faster version of Durkin's Chance Chaos? Which showman brought this latest attraction over to Oz?

I'm looking forward to some reviews on this ride as no doubt it'll appear at the other capital shows before coming to Sydney next year.
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

No Benclare, the Chos Pendle is not a Chance Chaos. It's manufactured by 'Funtime' which I think?? manufacture rides like the Vomatron etc.

Here is a link with some info and pics. It looks interesting.

http://www.funtime.com.au/data/index5.htm

I wonder if we get a 3 arm version or the 2 arm? There seems to be 2 very different looking versions. :?
Attachments
chaos07.jpg
chaos07.jpg (132.11 KiB) Viewed 16093 times
Last edited by Super Loops on Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Whats with the multiples ALREADY!
Speed and No Limit is all we need.... obviously not. It just like the Ali Baba that came to oz in late 2005.... another ride we dont need. Where is the originality? Just because Chaos Pendle has another arm, doesn't mean its oh so new and exciting, its just another ride that will take up unwanted space. Either bring back the classics to the capitals, or the showmen take a look at what is NEW or ORIGINAL! two key words in which these owners dont seem to be taking much notice of, of late!

chris
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

HUSSRAINBOW wrote:Whats with the multiples ALREADY!
Speed and No Limit is all we need.... obviously not. It just like the Ali Baba that came to oz in late 2005.... another ride we dont need. Where is the originality? Just because Chaos Pendle has another arm, doesn't mean its oh so new and exciting, its just another ride that will take up unwanted space. Either bring back the classics to the capitals, or the showmen take a look at what is NEW or ORIGINAL! two key words in which these owners dont seem to be taking much notice of, of late!

chris
^Thats so true Chris.

I was thinking the exact same thing, but I held back in my post. The Chaos Pendle (Insanity) ride to very similar to No Limit and even Speed. Also, if our version is the 2 arm, it will be even more like Speed/No Limit. I am all for it, but am scpetical until I see it. I can't see why we can't just get another classic like you said Chris. Even a nice refurbished Enterprise, or Rainbow would be sweet. I love the Claissics (although I do love the Modial Space Roller and a few other new rides added recently). Flashdance is a perfect example of a good Classic addition. Flashdance IS in it's own right a great fun family ride, and it's even better than any other Reverchon Explorer I have ridden (it goes backwards just for starters).

I will make my mind up on Insanity once I see it in action and ride in person. I hope it's all it's cracked up to be. I would much rather see an Evolution or Mondial Ultra Max. Now how good would that be to see towering over the midway! :D

The Mondial Ultra Max....
Attachments
MondialUltraMax1small.jpg
MondialUltraMax1small.jpg (10.54 KiB) Viewed 16073 times
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

i think its safe to say Rainbow will start doing the majors again soon.... O'Neills know its awesome potential... hopefully melbourne can get a few spots for it. Also wittingslows PIRATE is back in Melbourne, hopefully we can see it back on the circuit.
heres a photo of it from docklands a few weeks ago...

ozshowkid

Post by ozshowkid »

Although Speed, No Lomit and Insanity look the same they all have different ride experiences, just cause a ride looks the same does not mean is is the same. ie Cha Cha/Sizzler/Scrambler same but different ride experiences. Who cares if there the same at least we have new rides coming over here, a reason you may not see some older classics travelling is because of space and transportation cost, i know myself this is getting beyond a joke.

Cheers OZshowkid
come one, come all, come in its time for a showtime spin
benclare

Post by benclare »

Thanks a tonne for the info guys. I'll give this new Insanity thing a try and will then make up my mind about whether it's like the Speed/No Limit and whether it was worth bringing over here. It's great we're getting new rides. Our carnivals are world class!

For all that, you do have a point about the classic rides which I reckon are great too. that Flashdance which got mentioned here is awesome and a great example of what you can do to make a classic ride popular again. It is certainly the best Explorer I have ridden and its speed is something else.

I guess my point is it's great having fantastic new thrill rides over here, so long as the classics like Rainbow, Flashdance etc don't get pushed out of the way.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

As long as the classics keep pulling people, then they will travel... I just dont see why we need ANOTHER ride... its not like we have sooo many people at a show that theres going to major lines for all three rides.
Also I dont really think our midways are world class... a lot of work needs to be done on some attractions. Yes the shows are looking cleaner and better than they used to, but I just think that the classics and other rides are going to lose out to multiple new attractions.
DareWing

Post by DareWing »

yes, I agree, as long as classics are well presented, they will stay. But if they have travelled for more than 20 years without good maintenance then there's a problem in my opinion. As far as i experience it, people choose to go on the rides with nice decoration and lights. If they look dull many will skip it, not because it's not a new ride, but because it doesn't look fun to ride it. Let's say that's it's like going to a restaurant to eat something, you also would be suspicious when the food has been thrown uncarefully on a plate.

here's an example that classics are still appreciated; the new Huss clubschiff in germany;

(image by skybird@themepark.nl)
princess

Post by princess »

I have to agree with the last two posts, as I suppose I have been going to shows and carnivals for quite awhile now, there are definitely classics I still love to ride.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Hopefully soon we can see a nice refurbishment of our Huss Pirate, Wittingslow should have it looking good in no time...shame it has that sign still that was bought over in asia during the world carnival...
lets hope to either see it at the melbourne show, or Rye

chris
benclare

Post by benclare »

That's fantastic news about the Pirate! :D I've always been a huge fan of this ride and always went on it when I was at the RES, Seaworld and when it was at the Myre Centre in Brisbane. I have also ridden the Twin Dragon at Luna Park Melbourne and although it has an excellent phase when the ride swings without it touching the ground, I found the seating was much less comfortable, practically no room to put your legs!
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Yes, I second (or third) Flashdance - a stunning example of what an owner can do to make a success of a classic ride without spending extra on something newer - I've heard more than one observation that this has been a very successful ride at all shows, with high popularity. At the end of the day, presentation and perception is everything. (and the Australian GP have a limited knowledge of what is the world's latest thrillride offerings)

Darewing, is that HUSS Pirate a new model, or is it old and refurbished?
Last edited by Zamperla on Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

I heard that was Conklins old model...I doubt it... its probably just an older model from germany
benclare

Post by benclare »

One thing about the Flashdance type rides that's so appealing to me is the awesome operators that seem to run these attractions. I rode the FD at Hawkesbury this year and although I was the only one on it, the guy had me in stitches the whole time and had it running at an amazing speed. Also, I didn't have to wait long for it to get going; a "Yee-haa" and a massive increase in volume on the music system and I was off! This sort of goings on can really make the whole ride experience better. The No Limit guy was also quite good as was the Scorpion and Wave Swinger's.
DareWing

Post by DareWing »

is that HUSS Pirate a new model, or is it old and refurbished?
Das clubschiff is a new one, but it's not the only one that re-enters this year in germany, 'pirates of the carribean' is one that return from Asia[/code]
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

All we need is for someone in W.A. To Purchase a Booster / Speed.

Maybe Someone Already Did
:D