Bell's Turbo

Top Gunner14

Bell's Turbo

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I've got some news on Bell's turbo.

I was talking to one of the operators of bell's at the hawkesbury show and I asked him about Turbo. He said it could be finished by the end of the year from re-furbishment and be on the road for next year. He said it's likely it could be at their xmas carnival as well.

Fingers crossed it will be ready soon because i've never seen turbo with my own eyes in real life but seen pictures. And by the look of it, i really want to ride it.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
benclare

Post by benclare »

Thanks for that great news. I'm sure you'll love the Turbo when you ride it. I bet it'll be at Hawkesbury and a whole heap of other regional shows next year; perhaps the capitals too but they don't usually go in for older rides.

Do you know where Bell's hold their Christmas carnivals? I've heard it's somewhere down the coast near Nowra but I don't know for sure.
princess

Post by princess »

Batemans Bay Ben.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh, batemen's bay. It's a big one too. The bloke i talked too said they will try an get it on at hawkesbury and try 4 sydney. !st show would probably be canberra

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Knowing Elwin if it is ready by then it will go to Canberra (as most of their gear does go there) Batemans bay is normally a very good carnival, very similar to Coffs Harbor but with all the Bells Gear. If I am down in Canberra at Christmas time (depending on work) I will try to head down there as I will have my Learner Permits by then :D
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I'm sure turbo if what i've been told in ready in time will go to the xmas carnival. It will probably go to canberra show, sydney, hawkesbury, some other capital shows and other big shows like hawkesbury or somethin'

Cheers
Top Gunner14
illusions

Turbo update

Post by illusions »

The word is That the turbo is having the final touches prepared to be installed but it looks like it still could make the christmas carnival
illusions
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

by the sounds of it, this refurb has been nothing short of amazing, i hope it looks great when it shows up. It must look fantastic if it has taken this long to restore!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

That's some good news, i can't wait to ride turbo. And knowing Bell's, all their rides look great so it surely must be going to be a good overall presentation

Cheers
Top Gunner14
illusions

Post by illusions »

well along the way there have been a few problems but lets all hope for the best for bells
illusions
princess

Post by princess »

Yes that is for sure Illusion
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I do hope it looks good and is a fun ride when i go on it

Cheers
TOp Gunner14
zipperdude22

Post by zipperdude22 »

in another thread in the forums ozshowkid wrote dont hold you breath on turbo.... are we ever going to see this ride in opperation ever again? i am trying to remain optomisitic i really hope we do se this ride again, even if it cant be restored to working condition it should at least be preserved and possibly put in a musemem or somthing like that as it is one of very few models ever made and quite a unique ride i do hope they can restore it to working condition tho.. i really do
ride the zipper!!
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

They wouldnt spend soo much money on it for it not to work
ozshowkid

Post by ozshowkid »

What i meant is it may not travel yet as no one has any staff at the moment, everyone one is running on bear minimum. I have seen the turbo though and it looks the cuda will be amazing when it travels.

Cheers OZshowkid
come one, come all, come in its time for a showtime spin
princess

Post by princess »

Thanks for the explanation,Oz.

It has not been a good season this year for making any money,(drought, rain in the north and higher interest rates and horse flu and dont forget human flu in Brisbane) lets hope that the Victorian run, is proving to be a bit of a relief.
Last edited by princess on Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Hmmm... and lets hope these staffing shortages are sorted out real soon. It was a shame that Thunderbolt wasn't able to make it to the EKKA as it is so much better IMO to Raupen Bahn. I cant wait to see Turbo fully running again, as I last saw it in 2002 I think at the Canberra Show.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I cant wait to ride it and c it. Looks like a great ride! Hopefully all rides will b runnin at the carnival and none aren't workin
zipperdude22

Post by zipperdude22 »

thanks for that bit of info oz trust me to think of the worst hahaha i cant wait to see it in real life again and ride it for the first time
ride the zipper!!
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

can someone show me a picture of turbo or a site that has a picture? ive never seen this ride. and it sounds fun.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

dude its called google...

CHANCE TURBO
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Paulie, in the temproary absence of my own site, here's a photo of it courtesy of flatrides.com from the Chance flyer:

http://www.flatrides.com/Ride%20Index/ChanceTurbo.jpg

another photo to put its size in perspective, with an article.

http://www.angelfire.com/movies/coaster ... urbo2.html
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

thanks zamperla. it looks like a intresting ride. never even seen or heard of it before. thanks for sharing :)
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh, I can't wait until it is out. Apparently its called Turbo X. Well thats what Oz wrote on Rollercoaster
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

How Kylie X of them....
haha

well im probably the only person who got that