Bell's Turbo

Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Turbo X sounds like a great 're-brand' keeping the old and throwing in an X bring it into the new millenium. This option certainly has my vote.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Yeah... Turbo X does sound like a good name for the ride... Can anyone see a matrix theme coming on? Not like the hangover that just has a few little references, but maybe a black a-frame and fluro green "M+M's" And some great airbrush work on the whole ride.

I can also hope for the return of the old school fluro's like what used to be on the old Wittz Zipper. But what would be even better is if Elwin did it up like the old school versions, give it a nice classic look.

Huss, you wern't the only one that got the Kylie reference either.
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

i think turbo looks like great fun. do you think it will ever go to the eastershow? cause if it does, ill be riding!
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

It really depends on alot of things, Groundspace, Staffing etc. It's really hard to tell at this stage if it will even debut. It's been so long since Elwin brought it, that most people are just waiting to hear anything official now beacause of just how long it's been.
princess

Post by princess »

We are talking about it again. :cry:
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Well... it's not like your going to ride it any time soon, Princess :lol: But if you are we have to train you on the Zipper :twisted:
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

i rode the zipper for my first time this year! it was great achievement. the zipper was the only ride i have ever feared to step on. i rode it with my bestie and we both wanted more! so are you saying turbo is worse than zipper? does it even go upside down? it doesnt look too bad in the pic. but i can only guess what it does.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I've heard a few horror stories about the Turbo... Just ask Zamperla or Mattie what they think of the ride as I haven't rode it before.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Will be good to eventually see it again, hope its like in those promo photos! metallic colours,and turbo lights! would be awesome!!!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yes, it has been ages since Elwin brought it. But I've heard things like he might have to sell No Limit because he won't be able to afford to run both rides. This is just a rumour I've heard, its not definite
princess

Post by princess »

He maybe not only one having some financial difficulties :cry:
PNC

Post by PNC »

with rising fuel prices and other costs, anyone that travels rides will be finding it tough
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

OMG... I hope it's not going to come down to selling No Limit! Just when we start getting all these great rides this happens... one thing that confuses me is that Diesel is basically the leftovers of Petrol, but why is it more expensive?! At least the price of oil is slowly dropping and should make it a bit easier on the showies.
princess

Post by princess »

It dirty fuel Hurricane, bad for the environment
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Yeah, I guess that is true, but why should it cost MORE? Especially if it's just the leftovers?
princess

Post by princess »

The powers that be want people to stop using Diesel, so they are making it more expensive, but by doing that it puts the price of everything up, including our food, cause the farmers use Diesel, so do the truckies, so we may get cleaner air, but we still have to eat and have fun on rides.

Sorry if we wandered off topic. :roll:
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thats right, my dad tells me all the time how diesel should be cheaper. Apparently fuel should jump down about 20cents in the next week. So they say, you can't trust them anymore
Force10

Post by Force10 »

turbo takes two trucks doesn't it? one for the body and another for the cages.. that would be hell expensive to move about.

i know bells takes no limit (and most of its other rides) all the way out to cloncurry show(near mt isa) in early july, then comes all the way back for the ekka at the start of august. thats over 18 hrs away. it would be expensive for him to take turbo on the same routes he travels now. that could be holding him back?
i know we could all offer our time and labour for free to cut costs for bells??? anything to bring turbo back for good
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yes all the Showies would be doing it tough. Yes, Turbo's on 2 trucks. Bell's do all NT shows and most north Qld shows. They clock up the kilometres thats for sure
dell2006

Re: Bell's Turbo

Post by dell2006 »

Does anyone know any more on the progress on the turbo???
princess

Post by princess »

Geez, we went through a stage here where we did not talk about Turbo, cause we were (or I was) sick of hearing so much s*** about when it was going to be seen again, until its actually seen again, I would rather not go into the continuous speculation again. :? :shock:
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

princess wrote:Geez, we went through a stage here where we did not talk about Turbo, cause we were (or I was) sick of hearing so much s*** about when it was going to be seen again, until its actually seen again, I would rather not go into the continuous speculation again. :? :shock:

its stuck on the docks
princess

Post by princess »

CoinKing wrote:its stuck on the docks
Is there something I am missing (be nice)??
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

princess wrote:
CoinKing wrote:its stuck on the docks
Is there something I am missing (be nice)??
it needed a new paint job so they sent it to Romanian
princess

Post by princess »

Right well that is good news for a change, about Turbo, least it sounds like it will definitely make a come back. :D