Royal Melbourne Show 13

Super Loops

Royal Melbourne Show 13

Post by Super Loops »

Ok, so it's nearing again. I'd like to know more about Airmaxx 360? I'm not finding anything much and the RMS website has no real picture of it, I hope it's good?'

edit.. ok so I found out what AIRMAXX 360 is.. Basically a Techno Jump with rotating, looks really nice and colourful but it's not really my kind of ride. I'd probably prefer Techno Jump if anything, then again I prefer a HURRICANE over a Techno Jump ride, even though technically they are not the same at all really. Airmaxx 360 could be popular with the crowds though. I may give the RMS a miss this year, it does not have enough left going for it for me and II'll think about finding a few regional shows to keep me entertained with some decent classic rides hopefully.
Hurricane

Re: Royal Melbourne Show 13

Post by Hurricane »

I rode Airmaxx at the EKKA and IMO it was a really lacklustre ride. Give me Techno Jump any day...
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

Hurricane wrote:I rode Airmaxx at the EKKA and IMO it was a really lacklustre ride. Give me Techno Jump any day...
Thanks for posting the ride review.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Saw it at penrith show, looks fantastic at night glows so bright with all the LED lighting with a good action. I didn't ride it myself though
Mixerholic

Post by Mixerholic »

Is Space Roller going to be there this year? Sure it's not my favourite ride, but it's a good ride for the show's so called 'atmosphere' I'll be going in a fortnight's time as of tomorrow. It will be interesting to see how Gravitron and Alien Abduction go. I don't mind the show seeing as there is nothing else to do around September and I'm actually looking forward to Airmaxx 360. I didn't like Techno Jump because I found it quite boring. Don't expect any reviews from me because there's no point seeing as we have the same lay out each year. I do find it quite insulting that the have a Sizzler at the show. Those rides belong in the school fete's and small regional shows and carnivals. BRING BACK THE ZIPPER.
I am a ride operators dream or nightmare...you decide.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Space Roller is doing Perth... don't blame them... this is probably our worst lineup yet!
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

So I have been down to take a look at this years show, wow what a sad place compared to past years. I had a go on Air Maxx 360 just incase its one of those rare rides that appear once or twice and you never get to see it again, for example Twin Flip and Energy Storm sadly. I have to say Air Maxx 360 is much better to ride than it looks, I thought it would be kind of boring, but I kind of liked it for what it was, but it's still nothing special and won't become a new favourite of mine at all. Every ride was doing well, especially Hard Rock with long queues which is great for the operators. I didn't get the time to ride much at all this year, I went on No Limit and I find it's always hit or miss for me, mostly due to the lack of going upside-down through the station. Walked past Alien Abduction amongst the other family rides like Gold Mine coaster and Tiapan etc. I think it Alien looks nice but it possibly should have been in the main carnival where Gravitron is it would have done well there, kind of odd they accepted both rides even if they were in different locations. I could not be bothered with many of the usual rides that I go on, I skipped a lot this time round and the lines were getting longer as the day went on. I missed seeing Space Roller, hope it does well in Perth, shame Melbourne and Perth couldn't swap all the rides one year just to shake things up a bit, we sure do need it!.
Mixerholic

Post by Mixerholic »

Super Loops good review. I know that I should be enthusiastic about the show, but the little kid inside of me is dying :cry: I'll be going on Friday. You know what I'm just going to retune my attitude so then I don't sound like a spoilt little brat :) I'm actually looking forward to trying out Airmaxx 360 because it's new and I hope that it provides a smile and a few laughs :D
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

You should like the Air Maxx 360, it's fun, just not that groundbreaking. Make the most of it mixer, I don't see the show getting any better next year or after that, I'm trying to be optimistic :? I'd of course love to see a bunch of classics return, especially the Zipper and Turbo. What ever happened to that rumour about the return of Turbo anyway?
Mixerholic

Post by Mixerholic »

Officially over rides. That is all :)
Mixerholic

Post by Mixerholic »

If you're wondering why I am so over the rides and the Show here's why.

The atmosphere is dead, the show is only about making money now, bugger all entertainment, crappy show bags, generic rides, rides have lost their soul, a waste of money, I don't get any thrills anymore, too crowded, not enough animals, nothing new or exciting anymore, cool pavilions have disappeared, everything's over priced. Sorry that I've turned into a jerk, but those who went this year would understand my stance.

Rides I went on this year.

Breakdance. Give me Wittingslow's model any day. Rode once.

Power Surge. The only ride that was good, G-Forces were interesting, but atmosphere has died. Rode once.

Airmaxx 360. Was fun-ish. What would have made this ride worth while was if the cars span around more. Rode once.

Giant Sky Wheel. Provided nice views of the city and show grounds. Rode once.

This years show was crappier than a toilet! Peace out 8)
Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

yeah, it's pretty sad the RMS is as bad as it is. I recall as a kid getting so excited leading up to the show, not anymore. The carnival is not the same, no more rides that lured me year after year, you know, the classics, they all left years ago, I should have too. I'd need to see something really impressive appear next year before I even consider going again.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

I rememeber as a child getting to the showgrounds, we had parked at the primary school next door, and walking down the road through the gate ill never forget seeing PIRATE on the rooftop along with the MAD MOUSE and I even recall seeing SPIN DRAGON (well when it was SPACE LOOP) in amongst the midway.

Melbourne was always so cool with two seperate carnivals, because there was THAT MANY RIDES! this year proved to be the worst show on record. I mean the crowds were there but ever since the grounds were "refurbished" its just turned into a money making sh** hole. Its a shame that Wittingslow has turned out the way it did, I still got asked while taking tickets "is the Pirate Ship here?"

long live the good old Melbourne Show.... I should have taken more advantage of Rainbow when it was around every year without fail....

Moomba sucks, RMS sucks, we really are a sh** heap state for shows now.
Mixerholic

Post by Mixerholic »

The Show will never change because they're making so much cash. Is it safe to say that we have the worst show in the country? I mean EKKA looks better than RMS! I think that I've just out grown rides :lol: At least Moomba has some atmosphere and the food is cheap (Maccas, KFC and HJ's :lol: ) I originally planned on going on the big boys but I just couldn't be bothered queing (YES I can be impatient, plus I just hated the general feel of the show) I'll just go to Moomba and go on Speed and No Limit (if they're there) Bring on Rye Carnival :lol: Don't know where they are going to put it because aparrantly the shire want to put a boat/leisure thing where the carnival is. Also those plans have been approved, but the carnival will still be on, but don't know where the hell they're gonna put it :P HUSS if you manage to build a time machine take me with you so then we can ride the classics WHERE THEY BELONG :lol:
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

excuse me!? what are they doing at Rye!

As if the council is going to give up that lot, it brings in a sh** load of cash for the council, I highly doubt they'd build in that area. It hasnt been touched in decades!
I know theyre supposed to be extending the boat ramps, but that got approved years ago and nothing has been done still. Wittingslow are an active voice in the peninsula council so im sure they would have something to say about it if anything happened.