Springvale Family Festival (Feb 19th to 21st)

Zamperla
Administrator

Springvale Family Festival (Feb 19th to 21st)

Post by Zamperla »

I dropped by for a quick 30 minute walk-around on Sunday. This is quite a major free event and was still quite busy at 4:30pm on Sunday, with good weather (bit hot)

I will post some photos in the next few days. Rides there included:

Spaceroller
MegaDrop
Hurricane (Dragon City)
Dodgems
Cha Cha
Scorpion
Hangover
Skydiver (paratrooper)
Ferris Wheel
Sea Explorer Simulator
Kiddy Rides (Teacups, chairswing, bungee tramps)
Joints

Did anyone else go?
Space Roller Freak

Re: Springvale Family Festival (Feb 19th to 21st)

Post by Space Roller Freak »

Good to see some SA rides over here. Didnt expect Mega Drop to be there.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Mega Drop has been re-done in LED's on the tower... no sequence... looked bright, but boring...
The festival was a joke this year, ridiculous amount of people.... It was quite interesting being on Space Roller while a bunch of morons "punched on" infront of the ticket booth!

morons!
benclare

Post by benclare »

HUSSRAINBOW wrote:It was quite interesting being on Space Roller while a bunch of morons "punched on" infront of the ticket booth!

morons!
Bad stuff for sure! :shock: Did the Police show up and put an end to the punch-up?

I hate it when idiots do stuff like this at a family festival or anywhere else for that matter.
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

i saw about 5 police the whole time i was there, mostly directing traffic... the fight just fizzled out... no idea what happened
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

This would explain why I saw so many police on foot-patrol on the sunday. The crowd was mainly families. No trouble.
Here are some photos.

redhot

Post by redhot »

Nice pics Zamperla,
That paratrooper looks really neat and tidy, owners have done a really good job on it.
Carny's built this country, the carnival part of it anyway..."Homer Simpson"

Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Yes Skydiver is a well presented ride and always a pleasure to ride. It's a pity we don't see more of them at the major capitals. (Skydiver was part of the Adelaide Show 2008)
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

Words cannot describe this game. This is the first entry in my spud of the year award.

HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

interesting to see the backdrop already packed up on Space Roller, here are my photos:

Vee

Post by Vee »

CoinKing wrote:Words cannot describe this game. This is the first entry in my spud of the year award.
Quick, somebody tell the RAS of WA so they can allocate 20 feet and a ride position for it :lol:
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

Vee wrote:
CoinKing wrote:Words cannot describe this game. This is the first entry in my spud of the year award.
Quick, somebody tell the RAS of WA so they can allocate 20 feet and a ride position for it :lol:
LOL :lol: :lol: you would be pretty pissed off to be replaced by sims metal sponsored bottle smash, almost as bad as march's duck joint that looked like it was dragged through an oil spill a few thousand times.
princess

Post by princess »

HUSSRAINBOW wrote:Mega Drop has been re-done in LED's on the tower... no sequence... looked bright, but boring..
We should be commending the showmen who take care of their rides and improving them, some showmen spend a lot of money updating, there is a boat on Sydney Harbour, that has electric blue lights, this boat stands out above all others and always draws my eye to it over the water, I will be interested to see how Mega Drop looks at night next time it comes to Sydney.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Coinking I'm glad my photo generated some discussion, I certainly felt it was photo-worthy (I'd want protective goggles if I was working on it!)
redhot

Post by redhot »

Is that a picture of that beer bash thing??
Last edited by redhot on Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carny's built this country, the carnival part of it anyway..."Homer Simpson"

itsfun

Post by itsfun »

I think marchsamusements would be well above the wa standard. I think you should acept that more and more eastern staters are heading to the west. I know for a fact the march family have been working Perth show for over 40 years. and from what I've been told most westerns treat them and easterners like crap. If you realy think about it is it realy there fault the RAS gave them extra space?????? Shouldn't you be mad at the RAS??????? If your upset now how will you be when the RAS change there dates, so they can atract more competetive atrctions at there show. Move with the times your in a business.
Vee

Post by Vee »

itsfun wrote:I think marchsamusements would be well above the wa standard.
You think wrong - I'm not saying they are crap, but nobody is dramatically better than anyone at the Perth Royal
itsfun wrote:I think you should acept that more and more eastern staters are heading to the west.
Why should I accept it? Are more and more from the West heading East? No, because the Eastern states shows are completely locked out to us.
itsfun wrote:I know for a fact the march family have been working Perth show for over 40 years.
As has mine, Marinovich's, Pell's, Burke's, Havlin's, Ross', Crowley's, Hansen's and others that I can't recall off the top of my head, what is your point?
itsfun wrote:and from what I've been told most westerns treat them and easterners like crap.
You're probably right, it would have a lot to do with the attitudes that they bring - the belief that our pokey little backwards show wouldn't survive without the support of the heroes from the East.
itsfun wrote:If you realy think about it is it realy there fault the RAS gave them extra space?????? Shouldn't you be mad at the RAS???????
Not wrong, but the cause of the change is no longer a factor and hopefully some common sense will return - I'm personally not that involved so I can only speculate, and hope.
itsfun wrote:If your upset now how will you be when the RAS change there dates, so they can atract more competetive atrctions at there show. Move with the times your in a business.
If it's for the genuine good, I'm not going to stand in the way - but don't try to feed me sh** and tell me it's sugar.

Edit: I feel it might be worth clarifying that not all the people from the East that I've met have been jerks. I do feel most of them have had an elitist attitude but perhaps that's my preconceived distrust.
benclare

Post by benclare »

I know Show West used to bring their Python Loop and Ranger over to Sydney for the RES. I had thought this was stopped due to expense rather than anything else. Is their really rivalry between east and west on the show circuit?
itsfun

Post by itsfun »

both guilds have there own rules, and as i understand it, if there is space available, anyone can work, member or not, does yours do the same?
attitude is a 2 way street, and it sounds like you have a 'preconceived' perspective on the easterners, maybe it was pell's game you were talking about? did it already blow away into another ride?
Vee

Post by Vee »

itsfun wrote:both guilds have there own rules, and as i understand it, if there is space available, anyone can work, member or not, does yours do the same?
I presume you mean the agricultural societies? I don't know the specifics (if you have to be an RAS of WA member for example) but there has never been, in my memory, unused ground that would be available for new operators. I've never heard of any ground coming up for ballot either so it would be interesting to know how they decided to fairly allocate the ground with the new layout.
itsfun wrote:maybe it was pell's game you were talking about? did it already blow away into another ride?
Oh please, accidents happen and on that occasion, the wind was strong enough to blow over at least one caravan (possibly a foodvan) and a couple of marquees.

I'm happy to have a sensible debate about it, but if you're just going sling mud, I wont bother.
princess

Post by princess »

Why does this sound familiar???
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

itsfun wrote:
you would be pretty pissed off to be Hgreplaced by sims metal sponsored bottle smash, almost as bad as march's duck joint that looked like it was dragged through an oil spill a few thousand times.[/quote]

mudslinging? please...

this whole east - west thing is crap[/quote]
How many capitols in the last calender year did your equipment work?
Vee

Post by Vee »

CoinKing wrote:How many capitols in the last calender year did your equipment work?
+1

It's almost the same distance from Brisbane to Adelaide (via Sydney and Melbourne) as it is to carry on to through to Perth

Must be a successful show we have over here to travel that distance :P
itsfun

Post by itsfun »

so successfull indeed, if you have your equipment being replaced, do something about it...
competition in this industry is why things get replaced, even if it was by a sims metal bottle smash, or a set of oiled up ducks...
no need to cry about it.. aint even our equipment were sticking up for!!
Vee

Post by Vee »

itsfun wrote:competition in this industry is why things get replaced
The thing is though, a lot of the new equipment for last year wasn't new at all and most people/showies didn't understand why they were loosing ground to accommodate the "new" stuff