Brookvale Show 2013

Thrillseeker08

Brookvale Show 2013

Post by Thrillseeker08 »

Hello all,

First ride report in ages AND first show I have attended since moving to NSW in June this year, I decided to head down to Brookvale Oval on the 19th of October for the local Brookvale show...very pleased how it turned out,crowds were steady and so was the weather nice and sunny.

Equipment supplied by Joylands
Body Rock,Hurricane,Round-Up,Super Slide,Cha-Cha and a few kids rides as well.

Took a ride on-board the Round-Up for first time, my goodness talk about Gravity holding you
down but not as a powerful as the Gravitron (Mitro Enterprises WA) and also Joyland's Hurricane which were both fun... I think I am getting old as I severely drooling out of my mouth of the force of gravity onto the my missus LOL.

Prices were $7 a ride of 5 rides for $30 which were value for money.

Check out the link below of my photos
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 11c784c94b

Enjoy
Thrill Seeker 08
Bring on RES 2014....First major capital easter show since moving to NSW in June 2013
Top Gunner14

Re: Brookvale Show 2013

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Good review and photos, was an okay day I was there working the Hurricane so you probably would've come across me. Hot day too think it was up a little compared to last year
princess

Post by princess »

If only Brookie show was the way it was forty odd years ago, this was a great show, even had the sharmen boxing tent... Vanessa the undresser, not to mention heaps of rides. it was a full great show.
Thrillseeker08

Post by Thrillseeker08 »

Thanks for the feedback, TopGunner14 i went for a ride on the hurricane around 12:30 to 2:00pm with me hanging on for dear life... :lol:, as you can imagine i had my left hand up each time it bounced up the air...

Question?
Brookvale Show, what is the history behind it? its a very small show that sure brings the locals in like myself.
Bring on RES 2014....First major capital easter show since moving to NSW in June 2013
princess

Post by princess »

I stated the history of what I know anyway, I went to Brookvale public, in the 60's (god did I just say that) we even got a show holiday, there was a trotting track around the oval as well, it held horse events inside the arena, it was a very respected and great show as was castle hill, blacktown and Hawkesbury, is probably the only one that really still portrays what those city shows were like today.

Brookie show was my first working show, worked clown joints, led ponies for shipways, rode solos chair O plane, this was the first of many, including capitals and all those other Sydney shows that I worked. I know I have said it before, but I loved the drums of Sharmens boxing tents, this was where it really all started for me, good memories and some not do good, all water under the bridge now!!!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Thrillseeker08 wrote:Thanks for the feedback, TopGunner14 i went for a ride on the hurricane around 12:30 to 2:00pm with me hanging on for dear life... :lol:, as you can imagine i had my left hand up each time it bounced up the air...

Question?
Brookvale Show, what is the history behind it? its a very small show that sure brings the locals in like myself.
Glad you enjoyed the ride, she packs a punch still and if you noticed it operates a little bit differently to the other Hurricane's in Australia I know of (spins quicker & arms have to level out at the halfway mark and stop bouncing spinning before being bought back down) Compared to the other models they seem to slowly bounce back and level out just as they get down to the deck

Yes princess the first few years are always where the best memories are kept :wink:
princess

Post by princess »

Too true TG, hope you are well and life is treating you well :)