2010 Sydney Royal Easter Show

HUSSRAINBOW

Re: 2010 Sydney Royal Easter Show

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Something tells me FEAR might not be back at the show next year... make way for Rainbow's return!!!
kinda glad i missed out on the show this year...
benclare

Post by benclare »

I don't know what will happen but I do hope the coaster returns. I have no doubt the RAS weren't happy about the incident as they gave away free passes and ride coupons to the affected family and they weren't in a totally forgiving mood if you know what I mean...

Huss I suspect you're hoping O'Neill Shows come to their senses and fill their spot on next year's midway with Rainbow instead of Fear. Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind that either. :lol:
princess

Post by princess »

ocs wrote:Coaster Royal Easter Show. Due to an electrical fault a procedure was in place to evacuate patrons. Patrons were in communication by phone the whole time with management and explained the evacuation procedure.The procedure involves a second lift cable which transports the car to the top of the ride and the ride runs through its normal cycle, approved by TUV germany.Their was no problem with patrons after explaining the procedure and procedure was put in place.Emergency services took control of the situation and the italian manufacturers engineer was prevented from performing the operation.The emergency services used their procedures to evacuate the ride.
Had this confirmed, the police would not let them do their normal emergency procedures, then it all went into overdrive, interesting OH&S if you are not allowed to perform your procedures, as per the instructions for the ride. :?: :?:, Police should butt out, they are not the experts. :roll:
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

princess wrote:
ocs wrote:Coaster Royal Easter Show. Due to an electrical fault a procedure was in place to evacuate patrons. Patrons were in communication by phone the whole time with management and explained the evacuation procedure.The procedure involves a second lift cable which transports the car to the top of the ride and the ride runs through its normal cycle, approved by TUV germany.Their was no problem with patrons after explaining the procedure and procedure was put in place.Emergency services took control of the situation and the italian manufacturers engineer was prevented from performing the operation.The emergency services used their procedures to evacuate the ride.
Had this confirmed, the police would not let them do their normal emergency procedures, then it all went into overdrive, interesting OH&S if you are not allowed to perform your procedures, as per the instructions for the ride. :?: :?:, Police should butt out, they are not the experts. :roll:

No one has 100% control of their ride if someone else is taking a share of their profits. think about it. :o :o :o
princess

Post by princess »

CoinKing wrote:No one has 100% control of their ride if someone else is taking a share of their profits. think about it. :o :o :o
Please explain Coinking, are we talking about the rents???? Sorry a little cryptic, I am blonde.
Last edited by princess on Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benclare

Post by benclare »

I wouldn't be surprised if the RAS were behind the decision to pull Fear down on Saturday although it's possible Work Cover demanded this action too.

As for the media, they always overreact when something like this occurs. I remember when the Octopus collapsed in 97 and the Spin Dragon three years later, they came out with shocking stats like 173 defects on rides at a particular show and so on.

As always, this story will die and people will soon forget about what was in my oppinion a small incident, unfortunate for all involved but small and thank goodness no one was hurt. So long as there are no further dramas, there is no reason why Fear can't be a major success for O'Neill's Shows. It is a very fast and scary ride that is worthy of a spot on major carnival midways throughout Australia I think.
Hardrock

Post by Hardrock »

Anyone got an idea on how my beloved Hardrocks been doing at the show :D
princess

Post by princess »

It was doing well when I was there on Friday. I think I want to go back??????
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

princess wrote:
CoinKing wrote:No one has 100% control of their ride if someone else is taking a share of their profits. think about it. :o :o :o
Please explain Coinking, are we talking about the rents???? Sorry a little cryptic, I am blonde.

No not to do with the rents. It has to do with the Showmen and RAS working together in the aspect of one is providing the rides and the other is providing the tickets for the rides.

The fact that the RAS is taking profits / a certain percantage of all takings for each ride.You could say the RAS are providing the keys and the amusement rides can be considered as locks. With this in mind the RAS are participating in the operation of the rides, without the tickets your not getting on the ride. You could argue about free rides and all the rest but 99.95% of the general public who are getting on the rides are buying from central ticketing operated by the RAS. Their is quite possible another company dealing with this i will call them "Monday" but no need to get into that aspect so i will keep it simple.

Now that the RAS has a Financial interest with dealing with operating rides, This brings some of the aspects of operations an amusement ride. Ie insurance and dealing with accidents / incidents. I will go as far as saying this relationship between the RAS AND SHOWMEN falls under the definition of AIDING AND BETTING, or in other terms the RAS is an "accomplice" with the showmen. Now that the RAS falls under liablity as the showmen due to taking profits, The RAS will want to get their moneys worth and start taking controls of the incidents.

Rewind to Friday, i would say it was the RAS decision not to listen to the operator / owner of the ride and get the police / firies to deal with a situation. The fact the RAS choose to get involved is because they wanted to cover their arse as best as possible, because they are involved with the operation of the ride.
princess

Post by princess »

mmm, well my source has told me that the incident procedure was taking place, when the police intervened. I will read what you wrote again tomorrow, when I have not had a couple of wines. :oops:, I would also think that the ride operator was trying to get the procedure done without getting anyone involved, he would not have wanted the consequences that occurred imo.
Thrillseeker08

Post by Thrillseeker08 »

After reading this section of the Sydney royal easter show excellent line up fingers cross for here in the west new attractions will come over... im hopeing FEAR makes an debut here in perth for the royal in september.. providing if theres enough room and whether show west would want their python loop up just like every other year.

However any news on the new KMG ride?? whether its in operation?? and what company has brought it??

Cheers.
Bring on RES 2014....First major capital easter show since moving to NSW in June 2013
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Coinking you put forward a solid arguement about RES ticketing and I'm not disputing anything you've said, but here are some other points that might often get overlooked.

- Ride owners can operate with considerably less staff (no ticket box operations) I know one instance where over 50% off normal staffing costs has been saved

- Ride owners, free of usual casheering duties have a huge amount of free time they wouldn't normally have
Hardrock

Post by Hardrock »

Good to hear hardrock was doing well princess. Have i missed something is there another KMG ride on its way or is xxxl hes talking bout?
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Good review Ben, naa it wasn't me on the mic, that would've been Myles but yeh we were pretty busy. And the coaster is still up, nothing has been pulled down or dismantled, has just been sitting there the last few days. To be honest with all the problems there's no way I think the coaster will be back next year.

No there is no new KMG ride
benclare

Post by benclare »

If it is XXXL, it is a fantastic ride which is doing pretty well at the RES or at least it was during my two visits there. It takes a little while to really get going, probably part of the experience common on Goldenway Amusements attractions but gets really intense later on.

As for whether it'll do Perth, it's anyone's guess as to whether it heads over there or down to Melbourne. I'll take a stab in the dark and say Speed will do Perth again with XXXL going to Melbourne. Let's see if I'm right.

Interesting reading this topic thread guys!
princess

Post by princess »

CoinKing wrote:The RAS will want to get their moneys worth and start taking controls of the incidents.
No one is getting any money for this ride at the moment, no one wants to see a ride sitting there not working, just two years ago, we had problems with Halloween, that ride was kept on and going, not one person was hurt during these incidents, be it, may have been a bit uncomfortable.

I did not know, but will find out, other than rents, which are huge anyway, that RAS took any other profit, e.g a percentage of the ticketing from ride owners, yes there is definitely a company, that does do the ticketing, so not sure if that fee comes out of the rents for the grounds, or comes out of the actual tickets collected, as an extra cost, that sounds like the way Westfield work, interesting.
princess

Post by princess »

Had my last trip to the show, a little more quite that the last time I was there, said hi to Oz, when TG showed up, with his entourage, so Sydney had some sort of meet, the rides had queues but Oz informed me it was two for one.

Fear still sitting there, not much they could do, until the show closes, suppose they could have been putting it through its paces, without customers, just to iron out any bugs.

Got my cupcakes, mmmm and some lovely jumpers for my dogs, saw Robosauraus, and the motorcycle team, ate some junk, what more could a girl ask for??????? :?
Hardrock

Post by Hardrock »

So now thta the RES's just bout done, wheres everyone off to next after i'd say a bit of r &r.
princess

Post by princess »

Hardrock, the best show in NSW is about to begin, Hawkesbury show.
Hardrock

Post by Hardrock »

O u meant tamworth sorry its been an gone. But i guess i will take your word on that. Whens it start?
princess

Post by princess »

Lol, it wont be just my word, it is the biggest show after RES, most rides that go to Sydney show go to Hawkesbury.
Hardrock

Post by Hardrock »

Well should be a good show than :D
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yes it is the number one show, love Hawkesbury, especially when you live 5 minutes away :wink: Yeh I saw you talking to Oz but wasn't 100% sure if it was you, so came over to make sure haha.

After 5 me and Oz thought that the carnival area would die off but it actually stayed the same, was chockers through there, all rides having big queves, was great to see Sky Walker finally with a line and full loads. I had a fantastic time working the show, so glad I did, great time with the Joyland's crew. Didn't get that many photos yesterday sorry but will upload them, also got an on-ride of the Taipan. Well SYdney show, gone for another year, geez how 2 weeks flies :shock:
princess

Post by princess »

Your are quite correct Coinking
redhot

Post by redhot »

Damn, i miss Hawkesbury again! :(
Carny's built this country, the carnival part of it anyway..."Homer Simpson"