Sydney Royal Eastershow 09 Reviews

Paulie123

Sydney Royal Eastershow 09 Reviews

Post by Paulie123 »

Hey guys. I just typed up my whole review and got timed out.. *sigh*
Here we go again :

So i arrived at the show around 11 and it was really crouded. I went straight for the rides ofcourse and the area was pretty busy but not alot of rides.. Just people watching others going on the rides etc. Didnt do alot of rides.. Saving my money for wednesday.

Spaceroller - Great ride! Possibly my favourite flat ride ever. Gave a good long fast speedy ride cycle. I saw that tyrone was operating as i was getting on. I totally forgot about saying hey after the ride. He sure knows how to drive that thing :] Was really fun! 10/10

Skywalker - Ouch. I experienced a pretty painful ride. They really need to do something about the shoulder straps ! Get some padding or something.. Other than that its a really fun ride. Very disorientating. They had a happy hour going on aswell. Re-rides for 4 coupons ! 7/10

Buried Alive - Haha, well, what can i say. It was pretty far from scary. I didnt expect it to be very scary and i guess i was right :) You pretty much just walk into a room with 4 coffins, lay down, get shook around, then told to find the exit. Overall its an okay ride proving to be pretty popular. You also get a death certificate as you exit ! Neat huh?

Hangover - It was an alright ride. I personally would rather the Ranger over this but it was still pretty fun. It gave so much hang time. The blood rushed to my head and gave me a bit of a head ache. Id say maybe 9 seconds up there? Its not the best presented ride but it was good to finally get on it :]

Had a great day and cant wait to get back on wednesday. I have a video on the way aswell. Heres some pics, enjoy :

Top Gunner14

Re: Sydney Royal Eastershow 09 Reviews

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Good review mate and thanks for the photos. Funny with the Death cetificate being handed out on Buried Alive. Like the new tarps on Zipper too, looks good.
princess

Post by princess »

Good review Paulie, great pictures.

Glad that you thought buried alive was a breeze, lol, that is one of my greatest fears, confined spaces, as well as being buried alive, so this little princess will definitely not be partaking, under any circumstances.
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

Thanks you guys! I have the fear of small spaces aswell so thats the only thing that was really concerning me.. But its pretty corny. Haha, id reccomend anyone to try it just for a bit of fun.. Dont expect anything too thrilling though :]
Last edited by Paulie123 on Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
princess

Post by princess »

lol, I am sure Lew Osborne, would love that comment Paulie.
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

Edited. It wasnt meant to sound like that !
Yous know what I mean though right? Its not a high thriller. Thats how it was meant to sound..
princess

Post by princess »

I was being sarcastic Paulie, lol, you are too sensitive, as long as it is making money, I am sure L&L will be very happy.
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

Im sure they are making money :]

Heres my 2009 video for the eastershow! Im wearing a white shirt. See if you can spot me on some of the rides :]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCpn553TFbg
redhot

Post by redhot »

Nice pics Paulie.
Here's a few i took today(tuesday).

Dave..
Carny's built this country, the carnival part of it anyway..."Homer Simpson"

PNC

Post by PNC »

ive never seen hard rock with no back drop, looks different
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

Great pics, wish I could have made the trip back over.

Does any one have any photo's of the new funhouse?

Cheers
Kiwi
redhot

Post by redhot »

This one Kiwi?

Carny's built this country, the carnival part of it anyway..."Homer Simpson"

kiwi

Post by kiwi »

Yeah thats the one, cheers.

How was it going?

Kiwi
princess

Post by princess »

You live up to your name Redhot, very quick response, I will take better note of it next time I go Kiwi, maybe the "ghost" ozshowkid, could give you an opinion. It does look good though.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Good to see your photos Paulie and Redhot. (you've beat me off the mark, haven't had a chance to look at mine yet)

Two thumbs up for Short's new Zipper artwork. I rode it and as always, it did not disappoint. (I don't think I've ever been let down by a ride on Short's Zipper - it always gives maximum bang for the buck - perfectly timed)

Kiwi, I had a few extra tickets so decided to go on my first travelling funhouse - Sea Circus. The ride is very well presented and themed. Tunes are pumped out on a few quality speakers - for a moment I thought I was back in Munich. Great visuals - the moving octopus 10/10 it also has 2 large bench seats that are moulded with colourful fibreglass themeing. (I never saw them not being used) - generally it was a very popular ride in a good position.

It has 3 levels and from what I noticed, they pop up telescopically on 4 large rams in each corner (similar wall structure to a shipping crate) The lower floor consisted of a walk-thru wooden barrel, moving stairs (each side is like a ladder, one moves up, one moves down) a few motorised padded verticle rollers that you get pushed through. The next level has various steel plated discs and 'turkey trot' stuff. The kids were all having a blast. More rollers, a few more spinning discs and turkey-trot ramps - finally a spiral slide. Supervisors were plentiful at each activity and the slide even had a sensor system to space out the kids. (pretty sad when most of today's little kids have never been on an enclosed dizzy slide - council playgrounds are pathetic nowadays) There were a few other affects - compressed air being blasted upwards from the floor triggered by a sensor had the kids jumping. (Not the same as Oktoberfest with the traditional Bavarian dresses on the ladies)
princess

Post by princess »

Zamperla wrote:compressed air being blasted upwards from the floor triggered by a sensor had the kids jumping. (Not the same as Oktoberfest with the traditional Bavarian dresses on the ladies

My Goodness, who would of thought :lol: :lol: :shock:
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

I just got back from a long, long day at the show. Left here at 9 and stayed untill after the fireworks. Met up with Adam for a few rides! Speed and Powersurge. Both were great. I hadnt been on speed since LPS so it was good to get back on. And Power Surge.. Whoaaah. Adam was talking to the operator as he was getting on (i wasnt intending to ride) then he called me to come on. So i did. He said he'd take it easy cause i didnt feel great. (hadnt eaten all day) Then as we were going up he said over the microphone something along the lines of "Im a big liar". Craziest cycle ive ever had on power surge! About 3 minutes forward, then 3 back, then maybe another 2 forward again? It was absolutely crazy. Im sure the people in line were getting impatient. Haha. Also got on Spaceroller 3 times! Damn i love that ride so much. I will put my review up for day 2 soon. Pictures are just uploading now. Did anyone else head out today?
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

I was there today... :lol:

Anyway... great reviews so far!
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

Yeah ^ Was good catching up for a bit.
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

ARGGHH.
Timed out yet again. I forgot to copy and paste it :( Im just gunna give you a list of the rides I went on, along with a rating. Too tired to type it all again now sorrrry :(

Spaceroller - x3 RATING : 10/10
Hangover - x1 RATING : 8/10
Skywalker - x1 RATING : 7.5/10
Mega Drop - x1 RATING : 7/10
Power Surge - x1 RATING : 9/10
Chairs - x1 RATING : 7.5/10
Taipan - x1 RATING : 6/10
Hard Rock - x1 RATING 8.5/10

I was looking forward to going on No Limit but the cycles just werent worth it.. They were running short and 'not very extreme at all' the whole time I was there. So insted i spent the coupons on Spaceroller twice :] Anyone else notice this about No Limit? Doesnt seem to be as good as last year..

Anyway heres what im sure you guys want to see.. The pictures! :

princess

Post by princess »

Hurricane wrote:I was there today...
You better not have been!
scorpionSA

Post by scorpionSA »

Someones sounds Angry
princess

Post by princess »

Well well well Scorpian, you crawled out from under your rock :lol:
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Great reviews everyone. Good photos too. Yes our Power Surge cycle was a goodie lol
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Spent the last 3 days down at the show. Had a good time, took a heap of photos but won't put up as yet as I'll probably be back at the show again on Monday.