Taipan Rollercoaster ($7)
Crazy Cars ($6)
Extreme Speed ($15 or 2 for $25)
Carnevil Castle Ghost Train ($7)
Euro Slide ($3)
Crazy Coaster ($8 or 2 for $15)
Circus Circus ($5)
Zipper ($7)
Skymaster Ferris Wheel ($8 or 4 for $28)
Pirate's Revenge Flume ($8 or 2 for $15)
Sky Walker ($10 or 2 for $15)
Haunted Hotel 3D($8)
Dodgem Cars ($7)
Sky Flyer ($8)
Rockin Roll ($8)
Techno Jump ($7)
Ali Baba ($7)
Starship 2000 ($7)
The Mixer ($8)

Interesting to see that Ekka isn't listing Hurricane as attending despite I was told directly by the owners last night that it IS there... Shame to see that No Limit isn't on the list. I don't think the EKKA site has finished the list as it's not showing Space Roller on there...
Hardrock

Re: eKKA 2010

Post by Hardrock »

Any sign of rok n roll? What about sea circus, it an hardrock normally stick together.
Force10

Post by Force10 »

Woohoo I'm looking at march's hurri on grounds right now! This is an amazing day!
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Nice. Wonder if it'll be where Waveswinger normally is
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

anyone know. is that deans new wheel in the back ground?
Attachments
39732_138289349544793_122728564434205_189219_3758555_n.jpg
39732_138289349544793_122728564434205_189219_3758555_n.jpg (68.11 KiB) Viewed 12890 times
itsfun

Post by itsfun »

yes that is Dean s ferris wheel.....
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

XXXL and Hurricane appear to be in a great spot this year. I will *hopefully* be going on Monday provided my tax return goes in.
Funderstruck

Post by Funderstruck »

Well just got home from the Ekka. Very disappointing turnout this year. It is really light on for major rides. Was told that a lot of operators put in expressions of interest but pulled out at the last minute as the Ekka is really not worth doing after you pay the extremely expensive rents the RNA charge.
There are many operators that are not on with their games this year after being tenants of the RNA for many years and some for generations. We really need to have the rent issue addressed by the RNA or we will have a Ekka with no sideshow alley and we all know that livestock and fruit and veggies don't draw the crowds.
Funderstruck

Post by Funderstruck »

PNC wrote:techno jump will be at the showgrounds and set up now i would guess.

i will be going to the show i think on showday monday, i will get pics and post them this year.
I will be there Monday too Nath. Give me a calland we'll have a beer :)
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

bring rainbow back to pull the crowds haha
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

anyone got anymore photos?
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

Mattie
Super Administrator

Post by Mattie »

I'm off to the ekka today, which is looking a bit overcast. Will see what photos I can get.
Founder / Editor
Australian Amusement Fanatics
PNC

Post by PNC »

i have some photos that i will upload this week, just keep on hassling me to do it, i got to ride:

speed, after i was locked in my harness decided to release, which freaked me out and i wouldnt let go the whole ride, usually i never hold on, obviously i was locked in again before we left the loading area, but it sure was enough to make the ride a whole lot more intense

space roller, great ride as usual, i was meant to say Gday to Oz, but i was in a bit of a rush, hope you had a good show mate

xxxl, disapointed this time, the cars next to me were flipping like crazy and mine baely moved, still a fun ride, but i was expecting more

sky walker, great ride, got thrown around heaps and it seemed to almost be the most popular ride at the show, always a small queue and loading full.

hard rock, i went on this twice, it is so much better at night, still one of my favourite rides, it would be great if it went over the top and kept its seating arangement

new wheel, i found this very uncomfortable and therefor not relaxing at all, it ran nice and smooth and was loading full with a queue while i was there

unfortunately it seemed as though the mixer had broken down for alot of the day, it was working when i got there and was broken when i went to have a ride, it is a pretty good looking ride and i am sure it will do well once all the bugs are ironed out, all in all i had a good time and i hope all the showmen do well.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Well, I went to the EKKA yesterday for a few hours, so i'll do a quick review.

Mixer:

The ride was in good condition cosmetically, and I wasn't quite sure what to expect of the ride. Overall it was good, it didn't personally do anything to really excite me but it certainly wasn't a bad ride. The cycles going for a good 4 minutes. Picked up a bit of speed towards the end. The cycle started off rather rough but as it got going it was rather smooth.

6 / 10.

Hurricane:

First let me say how great it is to have the ride back on at a capital, but I think the ride might be due for another overhaul to be honest. The ride was taking a little bit to start up, and just needed an overall touch up on the ride as far as paintjobs went. The cycle went for a good 3 minutes with some rather intense bouncing, however I much prefer the ride when Chris is operating it.

6/10

Skywalker:

Well... I'm sure if Chris does read the forums he is going to laugh at this little bit...

I was talking to him and he asked if I wanted the "Long" or "Short" Cycle. So I asked for the long one, so me and my friend jumped on the ride. After about 2 minutes my friend started to look a little bit ill. And then out of NO WHERE I had vomit all down my front and over the harness! Someone on the seat opposite me had thrown up all over me! My friend then looked at me to see what had happened and when she saw me covered... she lost it too! All over me! The ride then spun for another 10 - 15 seconds before I signaled at Chris to stop the ride. So he did and was nearly in hysterics seeing me covered in it!

I then rode the ride a few hours later, and I swear each year the ride gets more and more intense. Not to mention I have a feeling the ride has new cycle's programmed in cause it feels very different. The motions are incredibly smooth on the ride now, and it still presents amazingly. However I am not sure how much more I'll be riding it as it seems to do bad things to my stomach almost making me feel a bit queasy.

8/10 for me!

SkyFlier:

I only went on this ride because my friend wanted to. The ride presents itself very well but overall the experience wasn't that good. The cycles were very short and overall I just didn't enjoy it. I'd honestly much prefer to ride the Wave Swinger over this ride any day. Not to mention the showgrounds feel weird without having it there.

5/10

Crazy Coaster:

I think it's about time for the ride to be taken off the road for a few weeks and given a paintjob, the ride was looking rather faded. Overall though the ride experience was OK, but i'd much rather ride it with a full car of people VS 2. As our car barley spun. The ride was a bit jerky, but otherwise fine.

6/10
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

haha amazing bout sky walker.... i said to luke at moomba, after they finally got me on it... i loved it... 2008 the ride ran really rough and disorientating, but now its fast, and smooth and fun!
Funderstruck

Post by Funderstruck »

I find the seats too uncomfortable on sky walker and quiet a few people have made the same comment to me, both male and female :lol:
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Eh, I find the seats fine on Skywalker now. When it first debuted it was really rough and I think that attributed to the pain. However with the smooth cycles it runs now it's alot better.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

If I was on Skywalker that cycle would go down as my worst ride in history. It reminds me of that scene out of the movie Stand By Me.

You must've smelt great for the rest of the day Hurri - did the crowds move for you when you walked through sideshow alley? :lol:
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Good reviews thanks guys. Yeh I've gotten used to the seats on Sky Walker now, have no pain anywhere downstairs but those shoulder straps kill me. Unlucky for you Hurri haha, would've been a mess. Yeh they've touched up the programing with the ride cycles in the past, making it a bit smoother, better cycles. And good to hear they're going well. How was Pirate's Revenge going on their new site?
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Yeah... I was pretty annoyed zamp. I just took off my ruined shirt and walked around the showgrounds topless! And I had a truckload of deoderant haha. Pirates Revenge was in a great location, and they had the line down the stairs all day and starting to fill the switchbacks they used. Taking up the spot that Space Roller and Gravitron used to take up. Space Roller was in Cliffhangers / Kamikaze's previous spot.
princess

Post by princess »

Great reviews guys, very very funny hurricane, you poor thing, the smell alone would have tipped me over too.
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

PNC, Hurricane and mattie. Wheres your photo's?
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Wasn't able to get any due to not having a camera and spending limited time at the grounds. And from what I gather from Mattie he went on the Tuesday when it was pouring rain... nuff said.