eKKA 2010

Force10

Re: eKKA 2010

Post by Force10 »

Hmm interesting that taipan is back on. It means crazy coaster or pirates won't be on. Disappointing to here insanity won't be their either! But would free up space for fear?? If they fix the issues. Ekka will want some new/ big thrill ride as a draw card. It's going to be interesting to see how it pans out..
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Pirate's Revenge and Crazy Coaster are both still on, I know the flume is forsure and I'm guessing the Crazy Coaster would definately be on
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

is shorts zipper on anyone know?
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

new ride confirmed for ekka; THE MIXER

The Mixer - The new extreme ride this year is The Mixer which will have riders thrown (safely) in all directions.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Was the " (safely) " written in the media release? lol
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Sadly yes it was... it even says it on the website!

"New rides for 2010 include:

* The Mixer - The new extreme ride this year is The Mixer which will have riders thrown (safely) in all directions.
* Hollywood Horrors- Another new feature is the never-before-seen-in-Australia Hollywood Horrors, which is a maze of rooms that have been themed around popular horror films.
* Let's Make a Deal - Let's Make a Deal is a cheesy family fun carnival
game where players have to pick a golden suitcase to reveal their prize - some of which have ipods inside!
* Mirror Maze - This old-time family favourite has been completely revamped and will delight people in 2010!

Traditional Favourites:

Don't forget the traditional favourities rides that are back again year after year such as the Ferris Wheel. Also, make sure you check out:

* Rock and Roll Ride - Chevrolet Cars and cool music from the 1950s always has everyone feeling as cool as Fonzy!
* Euro Slide - The biggest slide in the southern hemisphere is a big crowd pleaser and will be back again this year.
* The Viewing Wheel - Slower than the Ferris Wheel, the Viewing Wheel lets riders enjoy the views and have a birds-eye-view of the Showgrounds."
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

:lol: :lol: :lol: someone should be given a medal for writing that, throwing in the word cheesy makes it even better
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

its not a very detailed website. You would think they would list more rides to market the show better on it. as it is Queenslands ROYAL show.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Power Surge isn't attending this year and niether is the Rockin' Tug.
Thought the Mixer would be on, and yeh wtf's with that media release. Pretty stupid if you ask me.
And good to hear Chase Hansen has his game of Deal or No Deal on, the joint's looking pretty good
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

Yes it's a poorly conceived media release / website info - not of the professional callibre of Royal Easter but the true test is once you've paid your general admission and walk on in!
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

cant believe that of all rides, MIXER got on... it will probably have more down time than running
PNC

Post by PNC »

wonder why power surge is not on, i always thought it did OK and it had a great position
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Not worth taking up apparently, not making enough money. Be interesting to see how the Mixer goes, IMO it isn't a visually appealing ride.
princess

Post by princess »

Top Gunner14 wrote:Be interesting to see how the Mixer goe
Might just check this out for myself :wink:
princess

Post by princess »

Just read an article in the Cairns Post, by the manager of Cairns Show, her comment is very interesting regarding Ekka quote "This year’s highlights include the largest sideshow alley in Queensland, which Ms Stickens said would be bigger than the Ekka" unquote, wow that is really sad for a capital to be outdone by a regional show.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Hmm interesting to say that, find a few show societies say that their sideshow alley's are the biggest outside capital shows but never heard of them out doing the capitals, would be a bit of an embarressment for the ekka.

So you're gonna be having a ride on the Mixer for us and giving a review princess??

I'm also suprised that Carnevil hasn't been advertised, would've thought forsure that FJF would have it on
CoinKing

Post by CoinKing »

princess wrote:Just read an article in the Cairns Post, by the manager of Cairns Show, her comment is very interesting regarding Ekka quote "This year’s highlights include the largest sideshow alley in Queensland, which Ms Stickens said would be bigger than the Ekka" unquote, wow that is really sad for a capital to be outdone by a regional show.

linky

http://www.cairns.com.au/article/2010/0 ... -news.html
princess

Post by princess »

Top Gunner14 wrote:So you're gonna be having a ride on the Mixer for us and giving a review princess??
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:, said "I would check it out" if I go that is, I will be in the general area.
dell2006

Post by dell2006 »

Thrill seekers can test their nerves on one of the most extreme rides to feature at the Cairns Show – XXXL.

Louise Windelov, 20, from Sweden, and Malin Gruber, 19, from Germany, yesterday tested XXXL, which its operator said "pulls seven Gs" as it hurtles 35m in the air. ??????? 7 G's is that true? sounds a bit extreame

"It’s really scary. It was a real adrenalin rush. It’s like bungy jumping," Ms Gruber said.
Thrillseeker08

Post by Thrillseeker08 »

Im just curious about this 'new' attraction the Mixer, whether its the same one that came to Perth Royal Show last year next to Show West's Wave Swinger that was numeriously broken down everytime i go past it? :P

It isnt all that scary,trust me i recall one night during the show only me (Thrillseeker) on board with the ride all to my self gave fellow show goers a few smiles haha
Bring on RES 2014....First major capital easter show since moving to NSW in June 2013
princess

Post by princess »

While we are discussing the Mixer, it would be very foolhardy for a showmen to put a ride on that has had problems, surely this ride has been tested to the max, with all problems ironed out, since its appearance in Perth, the embarrassment, of Gary O'Neils ride in Sydney :oops: also Halloween's first appearance in Sydney :oops: should be a good lesson learnt imo.
PNC

Post by PNC »

this is all very true, however some things are very unforseeable, especially with travelling rides as alot of things move around in transit
princess

Post by princess »

Well heres wishing them luck that all goes well :wink: :D
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

I'm currently on the gold coast enjoying some time off work, went past the ekka showgrounds yesterday and got some photos. Rides there were:

Space roller
Taipan (in same spot as previous years)
Shorts Zipper
Carnevil
Pirates revenge
Starship 2000
Circus Circus
Breakdance
Mega Drop
And skymaster wheel is all finished, was lit up too
Pix soon
princess

Post by princess »

Thanks for the post Huss, hope you are having a good time, I am looking forward to my week up there too.