Zamperla
Administrator

article: No kissing girls on Ekka rides for Katy Perry

Post by Zamperla »

No kissing girls on Ekka rides for Katy Perry
By Noel Mengel
The Courier-Mail
August 13, 2009 12:01am

SHE may have been the biggest star ever to grace Queensland's Ekka show, but I Kissed a Girl singer Katy Perry wasn't allowed on the Sideshow Alley rides.

It's understood the US pop star, who appeared as part of a radio promotion on the show's main stage, was desperate to take a detour through Sideshow Alley and hit the rides, The Courier-Mail reports.

But according to a rep for the pop star, her security posse had other things in mind.

"She really wanted to go on some of the scarier rides and kept looking up at the bigger ones," the Universal Music rep said.

"But with all of her security there, the logistics were just too difficult. Plus with so many people knowing she was there . . . it just couldn't be done."

Alas poor Perry was forced to keep her feet firmly on the ground. However, her rep hinted she may have snuck back to the showgrounds last night following her first-ever Australian show at The Tivoli in Brisbane.

"I wouldn't be surprised," he said. "It would be like her to sneak over and jump on a ride."

The singer did manage, however, to indulge in one treat. She had her people pick up a tub of fairy floss.

"Or 'cotton candy' as she called it," her rep said.

CoinKing

Re: article: No kissing girls on Ekka rides for Katy Perry

Post by CoinKing »

I'd eat a mile of sh** laced with broken glass off the floor just to hear her fart through a telephone
princess

Post by princess »

So you like her then???? :?
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Wouldn't have been bloody hard to get her on a few rides.
You didn't see a swarm of people around Nicole Kidman at the Easter Show, and yes, shes just as famous, if not more than Katy
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yeh would've been to hard to do. Have to have security line up with her etc. Shame if she was keen, some operators would've been happy to have her ride I'm sure