Castle Hill Show 2009 (Review and Photos added)

Top Gunner14

Castle Hill Show 2009 (Review and Photos added)

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Heading out to Castle Hill tonight. Will get the lineup while I'm there and will get some photos but probably won't be the best as I'll be using my phone as my camera isn't working. Hopefully should be a good night.

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Last edited by Top Gunner14 on Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Space Roller Freak

Re: Castle Hill Show 2009

Post by Space Roller Freak »

Looking forwards to seeing this years line-up wonder what surprises will turn up?

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

No suprises this yeat. It's gone down a fair bit. Lineup was:

Ferris Wheel
Hurricane
Rok N Rol
Music Trip
Cha Cha
Dodgem Track
Kids Rides
Inflatables
Games
Food Canteens
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Got out to the show last night for a few hours. Wasn't busy at all really and a bit dissapointing to be honest. The ride lineup has dropped a bit compared to recent years. Marshall's Ali Baba wasn't there as I just found out it was sold to a S.A operator. And I knew the Mega Drop and Haunted Hotel wouldn't go back after a very slow show for them last year. But got a few rides in which was good with most of the gear at this year's show being Chant's, Young's, Gill's and a few others.

Hurricane: Young's model it was and wasn't to busy. I just basically bought my ticket and walked straight on. Looked pretty good all lighten up with the retro fluros up the tower. The ride cycle was pretty good, would have a minute or two of launches up into the air, then would slow down to just spinning, then back for more bouncing. But yeh was pretty enjoyable and it was getting some good height above the tower when shot up. The cracks of air weren't that loud either. But still a good ride.

Rok N Rol: Haven't seen this one for a while. Again bought our ticket and jumped straight on. The seatbelts had been padded since my last ride which was better and a bit more comfortable on the stomach. Before the ride started as always me and my mate rocked the tub upside down and around, then the ride started and we were going around for a while then we started being tossed and rolled around, we were constatly rolling which was pretty funny and delirious at times. But non-stop we were just spinning which was really fun. The ride itself was looking pretty clean too.

Music Trip: Didn't ride this but was probably the most popular ride at the show besides Chant's wheel. Looking good, all lighten up well, artwork looked nice and the ride cycles were a good variety of different directions, fast pace and slow pace. And good intreaction from the operator with the riders.

Cha Cha: Didn't ride this either but looked great with all the fluros, a real retro feel about it. Was running very quick too, I wanted to have a ride but couldn't be bothered. Hopefully next show I'll get on it.

Sorry the photos aren't the best, just had my phone. But an alright night, kinda feeling sorry for the showies, hopefully the show is more steady over the weekend. Anyway enjoy!

Cheers
Top Gunner14
Paulie123

Re: Castle Hill Show 2009 (Review and Photos added)

Post by Paulie123 »

Nice review! I love rock n roll, i thought it was a fun ride when i rode it a while ago. But its good they put the padding on because it did use to hurt a bit.
Matt Diabolism

Post by Matt Diabolism »

That Hurricane cycle is unlike any I've experienced...a second bout of bouncing?,damn,I wish they were all operated like that.
ImageImage
Paulie123

Post by Paulie123 »

That hurricane would be complete with some lights on the cars!
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

I've never seen any Hurri with lights, can it be done? I'm guessing it can't because I'm sure heaps of ops would have them if you could
princess

Post by princess »

Castle Hill used to be a quite a big show, shame that it seems to have shrunk.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yep it sure has sadly, there was basically no one there last night.
Space Roller Freak

Post by Space Roller Freak »

Shame about the lineup. I didn't know that Marshall's Ali Baba was sold to a SA operator so thanks for that topgunner.

CHEERS,
Space Roller Freak
chacha91

Post by chacha91 »

Thanks for the review topgunner, youngs chacha really is in a league of its own, their operators always give plenty of interaction and their gear always looks decent, its damn good to hear that the rock n roll now has padded seatbelts.
Its a real shame the the show wasnt as big as recent years and that it wasn't well attended
You only got one life - SO LIVE IT