EKKA 2008

Super Loops

Post by Super Loops »

welll...I hope Bells get their equipment on up there soon..(I'm sure they will).

Thanks for posting the photos Force 10 (great ride by the way, I haven't had a ride on it in years though).
princess

Post by princess »

OFA Skymaster is the same colours as the original, but is completely, repainted, they could not change colours because of the fibreglass on the ride, 50,000 dollars has been spent on refurbishing their ride.
Last edited by princess on Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tooheyzz

Post by tooheyzz »

Haven't Been to the ekka in many many years I keep saying one year i will go guess its not this year
Great images Force10
Didn't really think about the effect of great presentation would have on a crowd but I guess thats what also make rides popular a when the majority of the crowd have a certain amount of $ to spend if your the winner in presentation its gotta mean more earnings

Looking forward to seeing a hear more about this years ekka

We have a local show coming up next week I think so it misses out on ride that head to the ekka
It was in june but they moved it ....Fools at least in june it was in line with the northern run a few ride did it then headed to rocky
Anyway I sometime tag along with a friend and there family so I might take the camera this time see how things pan out
ozshowkid

Post by ozshowkid »

Presentation is what makes something stand out, if you have a ride that is painted up nice buy a good artist(Mark Gill, Slim, Matt and plenty others), looks well, is run good, it will get attention from the customers. I think some of the rides we have in Australia are the best looking ones in the world.

Cheers OZshowkid
come one, come all, come in its time for a showtime spin
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Exactly right Oz, very, very true. What machines would be the best looking in the world. I would say Power Surge is one of the best looking units I've ever seen. Same with Space Roller and Sky Walker but there are some very outstanding looking Tangos and Top Scans out around the globe too.

And Bell's just finished doing Darwin Show on the weekend so I'm sure they'll be there very shortly. Thanks for the info on Skymaster too Princess
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Yeah, I was just informed that Thunderbolt will not be attending EKKA this year and No Limit should be showing up in the next few days.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Yes, Shame about Thunderbolt. So the only Bell's gear is No Limit?
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

As far as I am aware, that is the case.
Force10

Post by Force10 »

No worries guys... I should be heading there between classes and work tomorrow, lunch... so i may be able to grab some more shots then. And give another update on the progress. Thanks Superloops, I was lucky enough to have my last ride on it about 5yrs ago at the Bundaberg show, it had just finnished a major refurb. Which means it now has no backdrop which is a bit of a loss i think... still goes alright but. It's up for sale i think.. Pink's own it who also operate the wild thing hurricane.

Yep that's so true Oz, not only does it make something stand out, it also has a lot to do with consumer's perceptions. If all your lights are burning and the paint job looks fresh, it makes patrons feel as though "this is a well maintained ride...therefore it will be safe". It's how they justify the perceived risk of riding awesome rides!
PNC

Post by PNC »

the force 10 is for sale, not sure how much though, Aaron Pink has just bought a new dodgem track, it is supposed to be huge, he has also sold the hurricane
Force10

Post by Force10 »

oh true. it's been a while since i've been at any shows that his hurricane has worked. do u know who too? i would love to buy force 10.. i think i saw it on oz ride brokers for around the high 200's from a fuzzy memory.

thanks for the update PNC.
PNC

Post by PNC »

i think it was advertised there for 275 000, not sure if that has changed or not, if i could sel my para trooper it would be one that i would look at, i have no idea who the hurricane was sold to, bt it still does travel, i cant say where it goes though
HUSSRAINBOW

Post by HUSSRAINBOW »

Thanks for the pics mate, good to see people gettin out there and providing pix. March kinda got the sh** end of the deal, with Skywalker up the back in the corner.... haha that will teach them to take on Rainbow at the Easter Show. Overall the midway is looking good.... really looking forward to seeing TPA's Kamikaze.
Zamperla
Administrator

Post by Zamperla »

It's not too bader location where Skywalker is. It is right near the tunnel that goes under the road, where a lot of people enter (huge carpark in a plot of land nearby)

Likewise looking forward to finally seeing TPA's Sartori Kami.
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Looks like Skywalker has taken Waveswinger's spot, would I be right and its not there. And Huss, I thought Rainbow was in a better spot IMO. Yout a better view thats for sure
Force10

Post by Force10 »

yeh your right topgunner, it has replaced waveswinger. obviously march's have it booked for a number of years, and its just up to them what they put in there space? just a thought. hopefully the absence of waveswinger means they are giving it a bit of a spruce up! probly not likely but.

It is quite a good spot. cus its at the end of the first 'alley' most ppl will walk down, from the train station and the gympie rd entrance.
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Yeah, Skywalker is in the old location of the WaveSwinger. This would be because it's where the March's have there ground. I do hope that Waveswinger shows up to the Ekka but yeah...
Force10

Post by Force10 »

i don't think it will turn up this year. though there was a space between it and rollerghoster. But I assumed that it would be for technojump. you never know but hurricane. actually when i saw the space i was hoping that march's would bring their hurricane, it goes alright. but i've never seen it at a royal, only regionals.
kirelam

Post by kirelam »

Have you maby bigger photo's ? thankyou
Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Sadly, Hurricanes are a rare sight on the Capitals these days. As far as I am aware the only capitals that still get the classics (Hurricane, Cha Cha, Music Trip etc.) Are Perth, Canberra and Darwin.
Force10

Post by Force10 »

yeh its ashame hurricane, i would love to make the trip to perth. show west also has an orbitor!! i miss cyclone. :(

Kirelam, the original photo's of the grounds are massive. i took them quickly on an 8 mp camera, i forgot to adjust the quality settings. so i decided to reduce them heaps, so they wouldn't take so much time to load, because this is such an active forum, i did not want my photo's to slow ppl down. if you would like the originals, pm me ur email. that goes for anyone who needs a clearer look.

cheers,
Force10.

PS. didn't make it back to day. hopefully will be there for a look early tomorrow morning. to give u all an update. only 6 days til ekka! omg its like waiting for Christmas as a kid :D
Top Gunner14

Post by Top Gunner14 »

Ok, can't wait to see the picyures if you get down today. I think alot of people will miss Waveswinger if it doesn't go. And just a thought, the Thunderbolt will probably be there travelling down with all the other Bell's rides. Might see it in the camping area so after, it's going to Adelaide. Yeh true Hurri, Canberra has mutiples always of Miami's and Hurricanes and had Bell's ha this year but wasn't there last year. And most of Bell's rides do Darwin
Force10

Post by Force10 »

update update!

hardrock and technojump areall set up at the top of the alley next to claw where chaos used to be. speed is up, so is halloween. Three darkrides at this years ekka, its a battle! wonder who will come out on top?? It's kinda nice to see the resurgence of ghost trains, they used to be massive back in the late 80's and early 90's.
Pavier's zizzler and speed are also set up in its usual place. TPA's circus circus is up.

zipper has also arrived (shorts badass!- the best). insanity has arrived. but there is no sign of TPA's Kamikaze, or any of bell's equipment. i can see about 4 clear amuesment spaces left. one either side of insanity, and another over between rollerghoster and skywalker. and another oppposite breakdance, infront of crazy coaster. Hangover is stilll not set up.

Its gunna be a good show, the line-up is looking quite good!

HARDROCK
TECHNO JUMP
CLAW
ZIPPER
RAUPEN BAHN
ROLLER GHOSTER
SKYWALKER
INSANITY
BREAKDANCE
CRAZYCOASTER
POWERSURGE
MEGADROP
HAUNTED HOTEL
TAIPAN
HANGOVER
ZIZZLER
SPEED
HALLOWEEN
SPACEROLLER
STARSHIP 2000.
EXPLORER
(and i think its FLASH DANCE, but can't positvely confirm.
And still to come, KAMIKAZE, NO LIMIT hopefully and 2 others??
Force10

Post by Force10 »

benclare

Post by benclare »

Thanks for the updates and info! Yes an awesome lineup for this year's Ekka. It is surprising No Limit isn't there by now and I guess it's possible it may not show up but there are still five days to go so fingers crossed for its arrival. If NL does turn up, chances are it'll go near Crazy Coaster and Breakdance as the other areas you suggested are too close to rides like Insanity where competition would be too much.

As for the battle of the ghost trains, I reckon Haunted Hotel will come in first, just in front of Rollerghoster.